SGI: Video

XT-HD, HD-GVO (TVO), DM2/3, DIVO boards drivers

Can I find them on the regular IRIX cd's? I installed these boards in my onyx2 and would like to play a bit with them.

best regards
Pawel

Last time I looked, DM5, DM6, DM10, DIVO/DVC, XT-HDIO, MPT, OGL Multi-pipe, OGL Performer, OGL VizServer, OGL Volumizer, NAS Manager, GSN, ATM, HIPPI and a few more were available with one of the free Supportfolio accounts <Supportfolio > "Browse Collections" > "Download Cool Software">. I seem to recall that Ian has the majority <if not all> on his site too.
pablodiablo wrote:
Can I find them on the regular IRIX cd's?
Next time you need to search the contents of the IRIX overlays or core install CDs, IRIX provides a web page that lists the contents of all of the IRIX install library. You can access it through the "Welcome to SGI" icon left on your desktop after an install, or find it at /var/www/htdocs/WhatsNew/Welcome_to_SGI - for instance the version upgrade you'll need for the base DIVO install from Supportfolio is in the unbundled directory of Overlay Disk 2:
Attachment:
IRIX_CD_Listing.jpg
IRIX_CD_Listing.jpg [ 59.8 KiB | Viewed 674 times ]

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
I only have 6.5 system pack here, unfortunately....

Getting at least some of that software installed will require installation of the updates from the IRIX overlay set <that matches your current IRIX revision>. Several of the driver files you want require the base IRIX install be at or above certain IRIX revisions <so updating to at least 6.5.22 is probably a good idea>. Most of those driver files will will include the minimum IRIX revision required for installation in the name of the file <e.g. 6.5.21 _dmediapro_DM2_DM3_1.1.3ml.tardist>.

BTW - example I gave only shows IRIX6.5.30 because that's what this system is running. Regardless of the 6.5 revision you're running, an html directory listing of the overlay *and* core IRIX6.5 CDs can be accessed by loading "file:///var/www/htdocs/WhatsNew/install/cds_frame.html" into your browser.

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *