SGI: Video

13W3 ---to---> what?

I have here onyx2 with DG5-2/GVO option runnning Inferno 6.5.14.

I am considering to use second channel (numbered as 1) for playback preview. But I would like to have it connected to some nice DVI equipped LCD for HD recolution preview.
I there any 13w3--->HDSDI or 13w3--->DVI converters tha would work with DG5-2/GVO option that outputs SMTP HD stnadard signals based on the ircombine configurations installed by autodesk installers?

I know that one option is to stick in the xio XTHD option and converts HDSDI to DVI but this would cost me an option and converter, so maybe there is a chance for getting this done by a 13w3 converter only.

best regards
pawel

Looks like there's a few on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-13w3--to-DVI-Vi ... dZViewItem

The standard DG-5/GVO has two CCIR601 outputs:
TechPubs wrote:
GVO output formats are CCIR601 525 (nonsquare pixel 720 x 486 NTSC resolution) and CCIR601 625 (nonsquare pixel 720 x 576 PAL resolution).
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi ... ml#id54286

pablodiablo wrote:
But I would like to have it connected to some nice DVI equipped LCD for HD recolution preview.
If you have one of the HD GVOs, the breakout box seems provides several digital to digital options: http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi ... /ch02.html

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
No, it's not that. Signal should be changed to digital.

You're not going to gain any quality, btw, by converting the analogue signal to digital. I would, personally, just do HD previews on something like my GDM-20E21.

"Remember, if they can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
iKitsune wrote:
Good luck! Lemme know if you find anything.

You're not going to gain any quality, btw, by converting the analogue signal to digital. I would, personally, just do HD previews on something like my GDM-20E21.

Are you sure you would do that with any of SD/HD setting for ircombine that are installed with FFI software?
I was trying to use regular monitor for digital preview via channel but with limited success. I want to have digital signal so I could hook up some decent screen for 1920x1080.

Well maybe I will end up with XTHD plus HDSDItoDVI converter... we will see.

p.

Good luck! Lemme know if you find anything.

Are you sure you would do that with any of SD/HD setting for ircombine that are installed with FFI software?
I was trying to use regular monitor for digital preview via channel but with limited success. I want to have digital signal so I could hook up some decent screen for 1920x1080.

Well maybe I will end up with XTHD plus HDSDItoDVI converter... we will see.

p.

Eh, you're right. The GDM-20E21 can only do 1600x1200, so it's a bit small for what you need. I just assumed you knew what you were doing when you were trying to increase signal definition by converting an analog signal from a 13w3 connector to a digital signal. Hope ya find what you need, anyhow! :)

"Remember, if they can't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."