SGI: Development

neko_axene-2.0.1 in /incoming

I've been running my Fuel recently and noticed hamei's request for Axene .

I put an initial tardist in /incoming (sha1 07f185a28c203744c2be14ac08457c296f16b39e). This includes XAllWrite (word processor), XQuad (spreadsheet), and Xclamation (run /usr/nekoware/bin/{xallwrite,xquad,xclamation}). I tried to follow the follow the guide for packaging software and the tardist works for me - I hope it's useful.
Now that's cool - I'm going to try it out right now.

"553 Permission denied" so I guess it has to be copied to /beta, first ..
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Thanks for the interest, and to nekonoko for moving it to /beta! Release notes, patch and source are in the tardist as usual.

I'm afraid I hurried to make the tardist before vacation ended so there are a few bugs I noticed only after uploading (sorry):
1) Color doesn't work when printing or exporting Postscript (it's black, annoying with graphs and plots in XQuad)
2) Edit->undo doesn't work in XAllWrite (hangs)
3) It's easy to crash Xclamation

#1 can be fixed by compiling -o32 and avoiding the incompatible redeclarations in the (axene-provided) src/X*/Headers/types.h (you need at least #define LONG_IS_xxBIT with appropriate xx (32) when compiling) . I'd be happy to hear of other problems -- Axene was supported on IRIX 5.3 so hopefully it won't be hard to get everything working in a second tardist. Patches or fixes are even better of course. :-)
Huh, never knew about this software. Too bad their site is down, would like to have in my "ancient commercial Linux software" archive.
No SGIs here.
Source is still available from a mirror: http://linuxmafia.com/pub/linux/apps/axene/
So today was Octane-Day.

I let run nekosync and installed Axene. But that is what I get:

Code: Select all

Octane2 6% XAllWrite.mips-irix-6.5
WARNING - No $AXENE_LIB nor $XALLWRITE_LIB environment variable defined !
Enter the $XALLWRITE_LIB environment variable or nothing to exit:
FATAL ERROR - Set a valid $AXENE_LIB or $XALLWRITE_LIB environment variable before restarting this programme.
Octane2 7% Xclamation.mips-irix-6.5
WARNING - No $AXENE_LIB nor $XCLAMATION_LIB environment variable defined !
Enter the $XCLAMATION_LIB environment variable or nothing to exit:
FATAL ERROR - Set a valid $AXENE_LIB or $XCLAMATION_LIB environment variable before restarting this programme.
Octane2 8% XQuad.mips-irix-6.5
WARNING - No $AXENE_LIB nor $XQUAD_LIB environment variable defined !
Enter the $XQUAD_LIB environment variable or nothing to exit:
FATAL ERROR - Set a valid $AXENE_LIB or $XQUAD_LIB environment variable before restarting this programme.

Is there a script to set these variables?
:Indy: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :Octane2:
SGI - the legend will never die!!
Yes, run /usr/nekoware/bin/{xallwrite,xquad,xclamation}.
I was intrigued by reading through the old website for this office suite. Any reports on its usability? It looks like it might be worthwhile to play with.