SGI: Development

OpenSSL 1.0.2e and OpenSSH 7.1-pl1

Just adding the proverbial $0.02...

OpenSSL-1.0.2e and OpenSSH 7.1-pl1 build cleanly on redbox with MIPSpro 7.4.4m. OpenSSL passes all the `make test` tests and the resulting ssh binary seems to work.

For OpenSSL I copied the 'irix-mips3-cc' target in ./Configure to a new 'irix-mips4-cc-n32' target and added "-n32 -mips4 -r16000 -O3" flags.
Not sure '-r16000' does much, but without '-n32' OpenSSL will be built to the 64bit ABI which in turn causes the OpenSSH 7.1-pl1 ./configure to fail when rld goes looking for n32 libraries that dont exist.

I built OpenSSL with:

./Configure irix-mips4-cc-n32
make
su
make install

For OpenSSH you will need a recent zlib. Mine is at 1.2.8 in /usr/local/lib. In order for openssh ./configure to find your new openssl and zlib you'll need to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to where they live.

In my case:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib" CC=c99 CFLAGS="-O2 -I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -rpath /usr/local/lib" ./configure
make
su
make install

From what I understand after reading a bit of `man ld`, the '-rpath' flag adds a list of colon separated dirs to the binary so that rld can find libraries in those directories at runtime without you having to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

I'm sure the Nekochan Porting Greats have better and/or more flags and tips, but this worked for me.

J.
:Fuel: redbox 800Mhz 4Gb V12
[[[ - insert hamei rant about use of /usr/local/ here - ]]] ;)
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
shhhh vishnu, my dastardly plan was to draw him out from the shadows by referring to the Directories That Mustn't Be Named.

:)
:Fuel: redbox 800Mhz 4Gb V12
jimmer wrote: the '-rpath' flag adds a list of colon separated dirs to the binary so that rld can find libraries in those directories at runtime without you having to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

which is exactly why that should never be used.
anyway please share the packages if you like. even if you don't wanna fiddle with a nekoware tardist having them as independent dist is better than not having them at all :-)