SGI: Development

So none of the nekoware games work...

...on a clean install. They're all missing preferred versions of various libraries.

Should I simply create the missing links to the latest libraries or are they really broken?
:Cube: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indy: :320: :1600SW:
I always try symbolic links first. Usually it doesn't work... :| :lol:
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...
Just to be clear, are you saying that the libraries in the dependencies also downloaded from Nekoware don't match versions? Do you have an example or two?
:Onyx2: 4x400MHz R12K Onyx2 IR2, 5GB RAM
:1600SW: :Indigo2IMP: R10K Indigo2 MaxIMPACT, 4 TRAMS, 768MB RAM, 2x9GB HD, CD-ROM, Phobos G160
Black Cardinal
It's an unfortunate situation when some libraries get updated over the years, and earlier packaged games are hard linked to earlier library versions.

You can try symlinks, they work sometimes. Failing that, older versions of libraries are on Nekoware still (in the obsolete folder). Try getting the correct earlier version from there any popping it on.
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
So I should probably read the little messages that pop up when opening the nekoware distribution...

I hereby report that Project Starfighter are Blob Wars are looking for libtiff v3. v6 is installed.
:Cube: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indy: :320: :1600SW:
Sorry, looks like these are known issues. I'll search the forums for solutions.
Some of them are, yes. However, should you find one that hasn't been mentioned, and a workable solution, by all means do post it! At the very least, others can learn from it next time. At best, someone can maybe, possibly, quickly re-package the affected game with the required library versions relaxed so it works properly with later library builds.

Not overly likely, but you never know! :)
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
This is due to dependency issues with unmaintained packages.

The way I work around this, is to compile the necessary missing lib, and install the missing lib into somewhere like /usr/local/lib/compat, and add this path to your library path.

This is probably the best you can do for packages with an absconded maintainer.

Anyhow, play neko-nethackfe. I know it works, it's organic and non-GMO, and it's more fun than all that FPS junk... :)