SGI: Development

Building GLchess on 6.2 - Page 3

tgc99, that's great. I've been trying to get the patches to work, Netscape hates the SSL from github, so I used a mac and extracted the html, then ran patch. Excuse the first-timer stuff here:

Code:
patch -u --ignore-whitespace   --fuzz=0 src/pref
s.c < sgi-ogl.patch
Hmm...  Looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- glchess-0.4.7/src/prefs.c.sgigl 2013-07-08 20:56:13.000000000 +0200
|+++ glchess-0.4.7/src/prefs.c 2013-07-08 21:00:38.602914000 +0200
Patching file src/prefs.c using Plan A...
Hunk #1 succeeded at 249 (offset -1 lines).
Hmm...  The next patch looks like a unified diff to me...
The text leading up to this was:
|--- glchess-0.4.7/src/splash.c.sgigl 2013-07-08 20:43:47.000000000 +0200
|+++ glchess-0.4.7/src/splash.c 2013-07-08 21:00:57.472914000 +0200
File to patch:

What am I doing wrong? Also, will this work on my 24 bit Indy, or do I need to upgrade to an XZ graphics card?
johnsmith wrote:
I've been trying to get the patches to work, Netscape hates the SSL from github, so I used a mac and extracted the html, then ran patch. Excuse the first-timer stuff here:

If you're getting files with HTML in them on your Mac then you're doing something wrong.
To get the files directly you can open each one on github and use the 'raw' button, or you can use the 'Download ZIP' link in the toplevel (where the link I posted goes to), that would give you the complete repo.
If all fails you can also get the tgcware package, it includes the patch files in their own subsystem, you don't have to install the software just the opt.src subsystem.
Once you have the patches they must be applied in the order listed in build.sh (see the github link)
Code:
patch[0]=glchess-0.4.7-use-g_snprintf.patch
patch[1]=glchess-0.4.7-missing-time_h.patch
patch[2]=glchess-0.4.7-use-sgi-ogl-extensions.patch
patch[3]=glchess-0.4.7-missing-string_h.patch
patch[4]=glchess-0.4.7-fix-global-glchessrc-location.patch

To apply them go into the unpacked source, then use patch -p1 < patchfile for each.
You may need GNU patch for this, the one from SGI freeware should do.

Quote:
Also, will this work on my 24 bit Indy, or do I need to upgrade to an XZ graphics card?

It's possible that IRIX 6.2 has a working OpenGL software renderer, in that case it should on any graphics option.
I don't know how well OpenGL is supported on XZ graphics.

-tgc

[...]
|+++ glchess-0.4.7/src/splash.c 2013-07-08 21:00:57.472914000 +0200
File to patch:

Patch does this when it can't find the file mentioned just above to patch. It's asking where to apply the patch. Seems like your
source code differs from tgc99's.

Edit: Just realized that you specify the file to patch on the command line and that the path differs. Notice that the --- (and more importantly) +++ lines say glchess-0.4.7/... This means that the files specified to patch in the patchfile are in this relative path. Either edit the patch file or change your current directory to reflect this before running patch.

Edit2: Also, normally you do not need any command line arguments to patch, it can generally figure things out on its own.