SGI: hinv

Origin 200 - 2x 180MHz R10000 / 896MB RAM

I picked this system up on eBay for the princely sum of £10.50 a month or two back, but it was missing a power supply and fan. I really just bid on a whim expecting not to win so I was kind of surprised I did.

Anyway - been extremely busy and have been skimming eBay on and off for parts but nothing much shows up for SGI's over here very often. Thankfully got in touch with mashek on here and he hooked me up with the spare fan I needed and the power supply for a fair price so I took the plunge. All parts arrived on Wednesday, but then real life issues got in the way again for a few days. Just got home after a stressful few days, friend dropped me over a serial cable and I was able to fire it up for the first time. Seems I plugged everything in correctly (and the gods of Mountain View were smiling on me) as despite never having had an Origin 200, it all worked first time. Here's the hinv (as I had no idea what I'd be getting) - my first dual CPU SGI finally :)

Code: Select all

IP27 Node Board, Module 1, Slot MotherBoard
ASIC HUB Rev 3, 90 MHz, (nasid 0)
Processor A: 180 MHz R10000 Rev 2.6
Secondary Cache 2MB 180MHz Tap 0x8 , (cpu 0)
R10010FPC Rev 2.6
Processor B: 180 MHz R10000 Rev 2.6
Secondary Cache 2MB 180MHz Tap 0x8 , (cpu 1)
R10010FPC Rev 2.6
Memory on board, 896 MBytes (Standard)
Bank 0, 128 MBytes (Standard)  <-- (Software Bank 0)
Bank 1, 128 MBytes (Standard)
Bank 2, 128 MBytes (Standard)
Bank 3, 512 MBytes (Standard)
BASEIO Origin 200 IO Board, Module 1, Slot MotherBoard
ASIC BRIDGE Rev 4, (widget 8)
adapter PCI-SCSI Rev 5, (pci id 0)
peripheral SCSI DISK, ID 1, SGI IBM DPSS-318350M
peripheral SCSI DISK, ID 2, SGI IBM DORS-32160W
adapter PCI-SCSI Rev 5, (pci id 1)
adapter IOC3 Rev 1, (pci id 2)
controller multi function SuperIO
controller Ethernet Rev 1
adapter PCI-SCSI Rev 5, (pci id 6)

Will check the capacities of the disks out and then if I get some spare time over the weekend, might throw a fresh install of IRIX on it. Not much to show in terms of pictures - sadly the front skins are all smashed up (as always seems to be the case with these), front door missing, etc etc.
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
Outstanding.. any cool software on the machine?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Not sure mate - it did actually boot with the disks it came with, but not done any investigation as yet. Will try and dig into it in the next few days :)
:Indigo: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Octane2: :O200:
Good to see it all worked out!
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )