FPU: MIPS R5000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 10.0
1 300 MHZ IP32 Processor
Main memory size: 1024 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 32 Kbytes
Data cache size: 32 Kbytes
FLASH PROM version 4.18
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version ADAPTEC 7880
Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0 (unit 1)
CDROM: unit 4 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version ADAPTEC 7880
On-board serial ports: tty1
On-board serial ports: tty2
On-board EPP/ECP parallel port
CRM graphics installed
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: version A3 revision 0
PCI Adapter ID (vendor 0x9004, device 0x8078) PCI slot 1
PCI Adapter ID (vendor 0x9004, device 0x8078) PCI slot 2
Video: MVP unit 0 version 1.4
with no AV Card or Camera.
Vice: TRE
1600SW Flat Panel adapter board and display.

Output of "/usr/gfx/gfxinfo":
Code:
Graphics board 0 is "CRM" graphics.
Managed (":0.0") 1600x1024
32 bitplanes
board revision 2, CRM revision C, GBE revision B
Timing table flags:
Monitor 0 type: Unknown
Channel 0:
Origin = (0,0)
Video Output: 1600 pixels, 1024 lines, 50.00Hz (1600x1024_50p)
"recovered"?

:Fuel: bigred , 700MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
probably posted from Image bruce , 2x2x2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * HP C8000 * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
Yes, recovered. I bought it locally and not long after getting it back home, the main system board died, along with the original 2GB hard drive. Rather than letting this little gem get tossed, I opted to replace all the defective parts and upgrade the memory as well. It had an R5000 180MHz and only 128MB of RAM. I found some memory and the new system board and CPU on eBay. Picked up a couple of replacment 146GB SCSI disks from work and brought the system back to life. Also, the original seller of the system threw in the SGI 16000SW monitor, SGI keyboard and mouse, and the Irix discs.

Now that I have it operational, however, I'm sort of at a loss as to where to start with this thing.
What you need is the catalog of free and commercially supported software for IRIX!

World domination! Or something...
Ceseuron wrote:
Now that I have it operational, however, I'm sort of at a loss as to where to start with this thing.

It's not that great for web browsing - not the computer's fault that stupid "modern" web browsers require a 4 ghz processor to display a page of text - but just about anything else is fun. Maya 4 is okay, normal server tasks (web, mail, ftp, etc) work great since the O2 is pretty quiet and small. You can do video projects on it. Look through nekoware, there's a ton of applications, you should enjoy some of them.

And if you enjoy a challenge, get a compiler running and struggle with building software for Irix. Some are easy (Philip's Music Writer, GraphicsMagicke), some are like climbing the Matterhorn (gtk2, other wonderful, modern, high quality well-tested gnu crap.) When you get that shit to run, it's a pretty good feeling of accomplishment :D

More like the north wall of the Eiger. In an ice storm. Without rope. Or pitons or a hammer. Naked! :shock:

World domination! Or something...