SGI: Security

OpenSSH 3.8p1 -- where is sshd?

I installed <SW Mgr> openssh 3.8p1 from binaries on Octane, 6.5.21, 2x270-R10.

SWMgr reports that 'sshd was removed' apparently <from timestamp> at installation time.
Anyone have an idea why this would happen?

thanks, and best regards.

--frankb
The openssh.sw.server subsystem is not installed by default.
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
thanks. There appears to be no way of telling SW Mgr to "Add this subsystem" to my installation ... so do I need to uninstall it compeletely, and re-install it? Where is the configuration parameter set to instruct SWMgr to "do what i want"?

--f

jan-jaap wrote: The openssh.sw.server subsystem is not installed by default.
franklynb wrote: thanks. There appears to be no way of telling SW Mgr to "Add this subsystem" to my installation ... so do I need to uninstall it compeletely, and re-install it? Where is the configuration parameter set to instruct SWMgr to "do what i want"?

Under "PANES" there is a "commandline" switch which gives similar power like the inst tool.

Code: Select all

inst -f /path/to/all/of/my stuff
keep *
install openssh.sw.server
install prereq
go

You may consider to upgrade to 6.5.22 and start with nekoware rather than SGIs freeware. Most of the packages a much newer.

regards
Joerg

--f

jan-jaap wrote: The openssh.sw.server subsystem is not installed by default.