Japan

Yum...

Dinner included zarusoba with tsuyu, tamago, agedofu with panko and with kurogoma, age kabocha (not tempura, just deep fried, with honey and salt), two tsukemono (one with enoki and the other with serori (celery)), "unpen jiru" (temple garden chowder), and, even though meshi isn't supposed to be on the same time as sake, meshi.

Beverages included nigori sake, junmai ginjo sake, grapefruit sours with mugi shochu, Iichiko shochu "neat", ume shu, a locally produced plum wine, and Kirin Ichiban.

Chris

Lecker! :o

Is that German for "gag me with a spoon" ? :P
No, it means "delicious" :-)

No, it means "delicious" :-)

Eeeuw ! Guess I've had too much rat shit to eat over the past few years, doesn't look so good to me anymore. :D
Oh - well, I can imagine that :-)
To me it looks like a menu from a good Asian restaurant. (to which I go seldom because they're rather expensive in germany)

Lecker! :o

Interesting, the Afrikaans version of the word is 'Lekker'....Very close!

-J

(It's been a busy weekend, so I haven't been able to stop by Nekochan in a couple days...)

Thanks for the comment! It was actually my wife's cooking. :-) (She's as "American" as I am, also with a strong interest in the Japanese culture.)

Chris