SGI: Computer Graphics

introducing MODO

Hi all,

Just wondering what such a 3D/Animation program could do in a SGI.
This program was developed having in mind, some people bring work to home (these days maybe all :( ), for that reason you need a familiar gui, and an affordable price, with all functions and import export capabilities.
This all may be included in Luxology first project now called MODO.
Is a 3D program, that is supposed to offer all high end programs ( think Maya, Softimage, Houdini ) functions by a low price.
Check it out
http://www.luxology.com/modo/
Now I may sound like a freak, but I want that GUI for any Operating system I own you can spend long time without killing your eyes.... :wink:
Mac lovers, now you have another option beside Maya, blender, cinema4D
hello,

modo is a modeler only!
this is why it's so cheap ;-)
r-a-c.de
ohhh i see
hehe my fault
this means why im only an apprentice at all :D
choza wrote: ohhh i see
hehe my fault
this means why im only an apprentice at all :D

no problem.
happens to the best of us :D
r-a-c.de
actually, considering that softimage|xsi foundation these days sells for 500+ $ and that there are several modeler-only applications for 0 - 200 $ like wings or silo, modo is probably somewhat overpriced.

however, we'll see what kind of workflow improvements it can offer to make it a worthy addition. the main problem is still the lack of a proper data exchange format to really establish a seamless connection between apps.
even FBX is a game of luck sometimes if you want to convert more than a simple mesh (and even that can be tricky at times...).
i'm really curious to see how modo will connect to the other 3d packages, especially with the lightwave-background of it's developers in mind. just don't tell me that it will only transfer obj's or lwo's ;)

with all the problems one can encounter when doing modeling in one app and texturing/animation-setup/rendering in another (and having to go back and forth in the pipeline), we'll see if the whole app-splitting will make sense.
choza wrote: Mac lovers, now you have another option beside Maya, blender, cinema4D

as Mac user I can say they have a good sense of taste, the icon is really nice :wink:
We are here on Earth to do good to others. What the others are here for, I don't know.
Chosa

just if you dont know, Lightwave 3D have been avalible for mac too for years :)

mis
Best regards

MIS