SGI: Computer Graphics

A nice term for XWindow...

Hi guys!!

I'm looking for a nice term for X-Windows with support for Copy&Paste.... any suggests?

Thanks in advance!!

Mexico
I thought they all did. However original "X-Windows" idea of a clipboard behaviour is different to macintosh/windows. You don't copy and paste, you highlight a selection and that is then available for pasting.

Select an area is the X-windows version of copy, then pasting often done with center click.

Mexico
A Unix workstation mouse with only two buttons? I bet you're using a PC mouse.....

With XFree86 they could map two buttons to three by treating pressing both buttons at the same time as the third button.

Modern mice with scroll wheels often use push the scroll wheel as the third button.

http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/Wheel_Mous ... Under_IRIX

Cheers

Systems available for remote access on request.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
you can even select text and then 'paste' it onto the desktop to create a text file. or paste paths into browser, etc. irix is full of fun. :)

you should get a three button mouse, better yet one with a scrollwheel.

I like aterm, because it has transparency :D it is in nekoware. Most times I just use the default winterm

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"
That's one of the things I really miss about firefox in X (alas, javascript-thick pages get old quick on my octane), middle click anywhere not a link and it loads whatever is in your paste buffer.

Also, personal terminal emulator preference: rxvt, quick and nice and does something better than xterm that I've totally forgotten.

Sorry, I just had to get that out.

Mexico