SGI: Computer Graphics

Matador - Page 2

pilot345 wrote:
Quote:
the era of unix differentiation and excellent is gone. it's a 'crappy os' eat 'crappy os' running on x86 world now.

Yes, very well put.

I guess I contradicted my earlier post, touting the cleanliness of IRIX, new development would only serve to ruin that in all likelihood.

Computing for the masses dictates our age of unices has come and gone.

I'll keep enjoying what I've got though : )

But it's cheap and as for the problems, well, "we'll fix those in an upcoming release..."

The availability of the Internet was one of the things that ruined the quality because companies now could cheaply issue updates and fixes. Nice in that the fixes were available and fast, but for some reason things seemed to be checked much better back when the companies knew that any serious bugs would require them to dispatch service people with new PROMS, or send out disks, or something else that cost money.The proliferation of firmware bugs, especially, is inexcusable - especially when combined with the attitude of certain companies "oh, you need to update your BIOS/PROM to have it work right. BTW, if anything happens to your machine while you're doing the upgrade or because of the upgrade we won't cover it."

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL:
SAQ wrote:
"oh, you need to update your BIOS/PROM to have it work right."

How about "you need to kiss my rosy red ass" as a response ?

Here's a clue, dipshits : we don't need to download anything . We don't need any of the crap you are selling. Pencils and paper work fine. If you would like to have an income, then maybe you should consider doing your job ?

The quality of software is generally so bad ....