Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks

Real Time Clock Failure

Hi All...

I got my 540 running after a year or so in storage. It only gets to a blue screen with scrolling messages. I've managed to determine there is an error with the real time clock "Date is out of valid range". I've replaced the battery and the problem persists.

I'm kinda stuck here. Any suggestions? Any way to force the boot process so I can set the correct date/time?

Thanks for any advice!!!!

Amanda

hmmm maybe you can try remove the battery again and leave it for a while to discharge the internal caps? maybe coz of the caps the CMOS was not properly reset? or is there a jumper option that can be shorted to reset the CMOS? sorry to suggest PC base experience..

Hi All...

I got my 540 running after a year or so in storage. It only gets to a blue screen with scrolling messages. I've managed to determine there is an error with the real time clock "Date is out of valid range". I've replaced the battery and the problem persists.

I'm kinda stuck here. Any suggestions? Any way to force the boot process so I can set the correct date/time?

Amanda

try to hook up a standard non fancy, run of the mill keyboard and hit ESC a couple of times. Sorted my VW320 the other week after I also had changed the clock battery.

Good luck :)

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
Hi All...

Amanda

try to hook up a standard non fancy, run of the mill keyboard and hit ESC a couple of times. Sorted my VW320 the other week after I also had changed the clock battery.

Good luck :)

/Jonas

Awesome! That did it /Jonas!!!!

Amanda

Amanda

Thats great, I'm glad it worked. :D

Cheers!

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler