Getting Started, Documentation, Tips & Tricks

O2 Netinstall problem (Error: No product corresponding...)

Hi there.

Today i got a new Toy, a nice O2 R12k.

Because i have no root pw and wanted to install it new anyway, i decided to do so with my pre configured fuel which acts as bootp and netinstall server. It acted as install server in previous installations of other machines, so i dont think the fuel or the images on it are broken.

I did it like described here: http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/ ... a_SGI_Fuel
Besides the fact the automatic response file doesnt works (it only loads my first overlay disc and then asks about what to open next) i followed the steps in this tutorial, stating the keep and install commands manually.

I always get this error:

ERROR: No product corresponding to "" at line 628 of cosmoplayer.idb.

If i decide to not install cosmoplayer then it mocks about mozilla.idb.

If i remove mozilla*:
ERROR: Missing symval attribute for etc/rc.0.d/K27sgi_apache at line 4 of sgi_apache.idb.

And so on.

I think if i remove * it would run ^^

I searched the net a bit and only found some threads about upgrading irix which stated that this error comes up if someone didnt install path5086 prior upgrading, which isnt the case. I would make a fresh install of 6.5.30f

Can someone help me with this?

Another question regarding the O2:

How can i remove the dark blue bottom without destroying it?
And is there a way to access the frontplane without destroying anything?

Thanks
MrWeedster wrote: Hi there.

Today i got a new Toy, a nice O2 R12k.

Because i have no root pw and wanted to install it new anyway, i decided to do so with my pre configured fuel which acts as bootp and netinstall server. It acted as install server in previous installations of other machines, so i dont think the fuel or the images on it are broken.

I did it like described here: http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/ ... a_SGI_Fuel
Besides the fact the automatic response file doesnt works (it only loads my first overlay disc and then asks about what to open next) i followed the steps in this tutorial, stating the keep and install commands manually.

I always get this error:

ERROR: No product corresponding to "" at line 628 of cosmoplayer.idb.

If i decide to not install cosmoplayer then it mocks about mozilla.idb.

If i remove mozilla*:
ERROR: Missing symval attribute for etc/rc.0.d/K27sgi_apache at line 4 of sgi_apache.idb.

And so on.

I think if i remove * it would run ^^

I searched the net a bit and only found some threads about upgrading irix which stated that this error comes up if someone didnt install path5086 prior upgrading, which isnt the case. I would make a fresh install of 6.5.30f

Can someone help me with this?

Another question regarding the O2:

How can i remove the dark blue bottom without destroying it?
And is there a way to access the frontplane without destroying anything?

Thanks

I think the original assessment of missing patch 5086 is correct, it seems it cant read the CDs correctly.
One suggestion is to install the base 6.5 IRIX, then patch it rebot and upgrade to 6.5.30

//Harry
Mein Führer, I can walk!
I wonder. AIUI, patch5086 updates inst and since this is a fresh install using sa from the overlays (are you?), shouldn't it Just Work?
:Octane: halo , oct ane Image knightrider , d i g i t a l AlphaPC164, pond , soekris net6501, misc cool stuff in a rack
N.B.: I tend to talk out of my ass. Do not take it too seriously.
Yes its a fresh install from sa.

I did this before with my Octane and Origin 200 from the same sources, and it worked perfectly.
deBug wrote: One suggestion is to install the base 6.5 IRIX, then patch it rebot and upgrade to 6.5.30

Since this is an R12000 O2, it won't run vanilla IRIX 6.5. You shouldn't boot the 6.5 miniroot either, but the one from "6.5.x Overlay and Installation Tools 1".

patch5086 updates the inst program of an existing installation, to make it read the new dist format used in 6.5.22+
The inst program in the minroot of 6.5.22 and newer already includes this support, so if you install from a miniroot there's never a need for patch5086.

It sounds like your distribution files are garbled. Did you unpack them using WinZIP or something? It has a nasty habit of converting text files to DOS fomat :evil: I'd check whether the Fuel can read them (just point it to the dist directory, resolve conflicts etc, but don't install anything)
Now this is a deep dark secret, so everybody keep it quiet :)
It turns out that when reset, the WD33C93 defaults to a SCSI ID of 0, and it was simpler to leave it that way... -- Dave Olson, in comp.sys.sgi

Currently in commercial service: Image :Onyx2: (2x) :O3x02L:
In the museum : almost every MIPS/IRIX system.
Wanted : GM1 board for Professional Series GT graphics (030-0076-003, 030-0076-004)
I copied all the CD Roms to the disk with
cp -R /CDROM
on the fuel.

And as is said, the netinstall with this files/images worked one or two months ago with my Origin 200 perfectly.

But i will try to install from the CDs, maybe the files are damaged as you said.
MrWeedster wrote: I copied all the CD Roms to the disk with
cp -R /CDROM

cp -R will not copy hidden files...
files whose name starts with a dot.

R.
死の神はりんごだけ食べる

開いた括弧は必ず閉じる -- あるプログラマー

:Tezro: :Tezro: :Onyx2R: :Onyx2RE: :Onyx2: :O3x04R: :O3x0: :O200: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :PI: :PI: :1600SW: :1600SW: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy:
:hpserv: J5600, 2 x Mac, 3 x SUN, Alpha DS20E, Alpha 800 5/550, 3 x RS/6000, Amiga 4000 VideoToaster, Amiga4000 -030, 733MHz Sam440 AmigaOS 4.1 update 1.

Sold: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo: Tandem Himalaya S-Series Nonstop S72000 ServerNet.

Twitter @PymbleSoftware
Current Apps (iOS) -> https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/pymb ... d553990081
(Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... +Ltd&hl=en
(Onyx2) Cortex ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cortex-th ... 11?sk=info
(0300s) Minnie ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Minnie-th ... 02?sk=info
Github ---> https://github.com/pymblesoftware
I dont remember how i copied exactly.

Maybe it was with cp -aR.
Ok got it working.

The problem seemed to be the applications image. I've choosen to install apps from the cd - Voila.

Now the only thing left is how do i separate the metal housing from the plastic foot and extract the frontplane without destroying anything.

Any ideas?
For the disassembly process you can have a look at this PDF I wrote. It is not specifically about the frontplate, but a lot of steps are the same. Once you remove the skin, you gain access both to the bottoms and the plate itself. Be very very careful with the plastics of the O2, they tend to be quite delicate.

download/file.php?id=2822689

Good luck! :)
Image _ Betty Blue _
R12000A 400 Mhz ; 1 Gb RAM ; 72 Gb 15K HDD; IRIX 6.5.29
CrystalEyes; Dial Box; O2Cam "ZEYE"; external Toshiba SD-M1711 DVD-ROM; Octane speakers;
Lock bar; SGI microphone.
Mods: PSU Noctua fan; internal Toshiba SD-M1401 DVD-ROM; Adaptec AIC-7880P SCSI card.

_ REKIEM_I7 _
Seasonic X 1250W PSU / Intel I7 2600k 4 x 5,00 Ghz / 2 x Gainward 2Gb GTX 560Ti Phantom 2 / 32 Gb DDR3 / Intel x25-M 160 Gb SSD and 10 extra Tb
_ REKIEM_T5400 _
875W PSU / 2 x Intel Xeon Harpertown 4 x 3,33 Ghz / 1 x EVGA Geforce 4Gb GTX 980 Supercloked / 32 Gb DDR2 667 ECC / Samsung 840 Series Pro 128GB SSD and 3 extra Tb
_ Raspberry Pi _
:|
Hi there.

I've seen your pdf already today, because i plan to get the noctua mod, too.

But it doesnt go as far as i need. I need to remove the bottom plastic to gain access to the bare metal shell.
And i dont have a plan how to do that without breaking things up.

Basic disassembly of the O2 is described in the O2 owners guide, but that doesnt describe how to remove the floor plastics neither.
For the records: I found it with the help of another guy.

At the bottom foot there are two plastic tabs which hold it in place.
These two need to be liftet a bit (i've broken one) and the foot should slide a bit to the left.

Now the foot can be easily removed.