Everything Else

Where hakimoto works...

Gentlemen (do we still have any ladies around?),

after being here (in KBL that is) for seven years now, I have finally gotten round to writing a new website for our medical centre from scratch. Actually that's the first serious website I ever coded and I think it's passable enough to share here:

http://www.medical-kabul.com/

There's a little gallery section and, of course, on the front page a picture of our centre.

So, everyone who's been curious all these years to what exactly I am up to here, have a lookie!

Cheerio, h

I think it's nice, Mr Hakimoto. Loads fast, gives all relevant information in an organized manner.

It doesn't like my proxy. No, I am not hot-linking to your images :)

Your dental department - very lacking in upperwork. How can anyone tolerate the dentist office without a little friendly rub ?

Your security guards don't seem to be very well armed. I hope they just set aside the AK's for the photo ?

Pretty neat. Nice job :D

First tried with NetSurf on RISC OS and all I got was the contact information part of frontpage. Tried again with Firefox on Windows system out of curiosity and it was much better there.

Clean informative website without any useless bullshit, just the way they all should be.
That's just all kinds of amazing! :shock:

World domination! Or something...
@theinonen: that's not a matter of JS. it's a matter of CSS. the menu is coded in pure CSS. JS is only used for email obfuscation and the gallery. see the "technical information" page. ;) but thanks for pointing it out. i shall tell the boss that our website does not work well on RISC OS.

@vishnu: thanks!

@hamei: we had an application from a lady dentist from former yugoslavia. you should see the picture she sent along with the CV. we figured that if we hired her, well, we'd get into trouble with all kinds of "authorities". ;-)

NetSurf supports HTML 4.01 and CSS 2.1, so that explains it. Otherwise pretty nice lightweight browser that works on many platforms, including RISC OS.
theinonen wrote:
I have been very much left behind on this whole web thingy.

Consider yourself lucky. One bad thing about having Flop3 on Irix, I had about given up on the web but now am using it more. It's a mostly-pointless struggle. If I couldn't go there at all I'd just write it off and save myself a lot of aggravation.

@hakimoto : go for it ! have the german guy grow a beard and give him all the authorities, and they'll never know what's in the other room :D