Everything Else

Philips hue light control - Page 2

hamei wrote:
smj wrote:
- not that $200 is terrible pricing today, it truly doesn't seem bad ...

For a country that serves $9 hot dogs and $13 hamburgers, hey, such a deal !

... doesn't seem that bad when non-programmable 5-8 watt LED bulbs are selling for $15-25 each. So if the Zigbee bridge is $50 out of the $200 kit price, $50/bulb for the tri-color programmables isn't that bad relative to current LED bulb pricing.

As for the $9 hot dogs, you have no idea the kind of price inflation we've been seeing in animal snouts, hooves, et cetera ! :lol:

Yes. Do you prefer a brillo pad?

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"
Quote:
I'm not sure I want to spend $200 for novelty lighting. And I will keep repeating that to myself...

I said that right up until I installed them. Buyer's remorse evapourated. Really, I love these things.

But they are novelty lighting; I just love how adjustable and (for a mainstream commercial product) open their access is.

The future may be here before I know it :shock:

It has a way of doing that :P

Quote:
This is really OT.. wrong website completely :lol:

(An animal can is a one-quart can of beer)

This bloke walks inner a Darwin pub with a croc under his arm. Everybody's as pissed as a fart so they don't notice the bloody reptile at first. But then 'e gets up on a table an' yells,

"Watch this, you pack a f*ckwits!"

He then flops out 'is old feller, prises open the croc's jaws, an' hangs 'is dick inner the croc's mouth. There's a moment of stunned silence in the barn. Just as the croc is about to take a bite outa the bloke's wedding tackle, quick as a flash the bloke grabs up an animal can from the table an' 'e hits poor crocky quick smart over the head with it. The croc collapses back stunned, an' our hero stuffs 'is works back in 'is jocks.

"Any f*cken c*nt can do the same thing, I'll shout 'em double Bundies all night!", 'e sez.

There's dead silence in the room. Then, from the back somewhere, comes this bird's voice...

"Alright! I reckon I'll give it a go!! Jes' don't hit me head too 'ard with that friggin' can!!!"
http://shop.cyberdog.net/invader-wall-light/p1830

a small horde of these would do nicely ;)

and I'd trust cyberdog a million times over apple/philly when it comes to novelty lighting.

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"