Everything Else

Latest iOS music apps

I was taken by surprise this weekend when scoping out the recent developments in apple's IOS core audio and core MIDI functionally, I stumbled on a newly developed feature called 'audiobus' that ties audio signaling between multitasking apps on the iPad/iPhone! Audiobus is also the name of the app that ties everything together. Currently there are 29 apps that work with it: synths, effects Apps, drum apps, a 48track DAW and a few other audio geegaws for looping, etc... This is pure breakthrough stuff for the iPad as a music/audio platform. Since I have an ipad 4 I have plenty of muscle to run this stuff too, and it just WORKS :-)

The other app is found was Cubasis, and mobile version of Cubase. Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks, 70 high quality virtual instruments, 10 builtin studio quality effects. A full music production system.

Then there's Auria, another 48 track DAW, but with a feature that kickass!

48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz (iPad 1 supports only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
Third party VST effect plugin support available via in-app purchase (only iOS-version plugins are supported. All plugins must be purchased through the in-app store)
AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and more
Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library
ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
ReTune plugin included for auto pitch correction of vocals
8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
Powerful touch-based waveform editor with features such as cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and SMPTE frames
DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project. Adjustable offset times and video export capability
Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
Auto-punch mode
WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
Adjustable pan laws
Sample accurate loop function
Automatic sample rate conversion
Built-in metronome

Once they start supporting audiobus across all the apps. Man look out!!!

This has gone way past the little fart apps of years past.

!

DECUS Member 368596
sky, how do you manage your recordings done w/ the ipad? plug everything in, rock+roll+burn the house down, then export à la goodreader?

i'm thinking of byuing an ipad for my brother, tho i'm pretty sure he won't like the way of exporting files from the ipad (i wouldn't like exporting a 30' session to dropbox over wifi) as he'll most likely want to finish things off w/ logic.app

on a similar note, i'm working on some scenes that involve recording a full orchestra and about 600 extras (humans, not wacom-based monsters :)) as part of the crowd. some of these recordings come from a presonus setup and my sound guy is using an ipad to check feedback from where the crowd is ( similar usage in a gig-club ) and make sure it won't fcuk up the dialogue channels.

skywriter wrote:
AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo,
WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps

zis zoundz very goot, if i get him to test this i'll come back w/ an honest report