Everything Else

Thinking about cars (wankel cars)... - Page 2

hamei wrote:
Found it, sybr. This is the car for you. No doubt about it :P

Attachment:
The attachment guardacar.jpg is no longer available

Oh sure, make me bust out the playstation again (afaik it exists only in playstation land, maybe I will build a real one in similar style, who knows, this game is almost 10 years old...) THIS is the car for me. No doubt about it :P

Attachment:
IMG0000.jpg
IMG0000.jpg [ 169.76 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]

Attachment:
IMG0001.jpg
IMG0001.jpg [ 141.2 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]

Attachment:
IMG0002.jpg
IMG0002.jpg [ 115.85 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]

Attachment:
IMG0003.jpg
IMG0003.jpg [ 160.42 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]

Attachment:
IMG0004.jpg
IMG0004.jpg [ 110.96 KiB | Viewed 229 times ]

I am seriously considering that gold RX7, btw.. I've driven it twice now and the transmission is just fine (for all the nay-sayers). Maybe not this payday but probably the one after that 8-)

jan-jaap wrote:
where I live it's quite different.
where I live, we have hills :D and river valleys and turns and corners and chicanes and more turns and bumps and smooths... and most of those are deserted :mrgreen:

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"
The Mazda RX-8 had a 1.3L rotary in it, produced from 2003 to 2012.

I would gently explain to the wife that she can get her own car if she doesn't like a manual transmission. But then, there may be a reason I'm single... ;)

I prefer owning the car outright to owing money on it, but buying used cars has it's annoyances. Like the repair bills, which can be several grand in a year - easily, depending on the car and the problems. But as Audi won't offer half of what they do export to the US with a manual transmission, I keep paying those repair bills. And getting irritated that I can go to audi.co.uk and configure the A4 Avant with 2.0L TDI, quattro and 6-spd as much as I want, and they still won't offer it here...

For the best, really.

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"
guardian452 wrote:
For the record, I went back to the dealer in the middle of December with the agreed-upon cash in hand, and the car was sold a few days previously.

For the best, really.

Series I MR2, cap'n. Really. You won't regret it. When the kids come you can't have a two-seat car, so grab the chance while you can.
RX7 are notorious for requiring a lot of maintenance on everything, not just the engine itself. The 1st gen MR2 is a nice car, but beware of water damage on the generator and parts in that area due to leakage from above. The 2nd gen is notorious for rusting in the sills and they never can be made "good" once that has happened, unless you are willing to spend much more than a good one will cost you.