Apple

Avid Cinema Film

Hi Folks,

I made a video a while back about a long forgotten product...maybe you vintage computer enthusiasts might enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6HwrM8llsQ
Nate

:Octane2: :O2: :O2:
That is a nice video chap.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indy:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
So this was basically the Apple Video system but with an extra hardware Codec card and Avid Cinema instead of Avid Videoshop
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
cinenate35 wrote: Hi Folks,

I made a video a while back about a long forgotten product...maybe you vintage computer enthusiasts might enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6HwrM8llsQ

I've seen it several months ago. Beautiful. It really shows what is good about Apple - creating something that, while not necessary cutting edge, is both useful and user friendly.

This video was one of the reasons I have bought recently a Power Macintosh 6500/275 Creative Studio Edition - fully equipped with all the video hardware (even the HDD and CD-ROM are original units). Unfortunately I still have to get the Software because the hard drive was wiped.
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Fuel: :540:
pentium wrote: So this was basically the Apple Video system but with an extra hardware Codec card and Avid Cinema instead of Avid Videoshop

Correct. The Apple TV/Video System has a port inside that allows it todirectly connect to a video device. So the AVID card actually did the compression and capture, as well as the output. The AVID card was neat because it had a video out that was content specific and not just a 640x480 display output like the Presentation System. Only AVID Cinema could usethe card. It was really a great product.
Nate

:Octane2: :O2: :O2: