Apple

OSX Chameleon boot menu edit? Help?

Hey guys, and any gals that might be here,

I seek help....

I have my triple boot box up and running (OSX, Win7, Linux Arch). However, I want to edit the Chameleon boot menu and can't find/figure out how. I need to delete one of the Win partitions from showing (see attached picture). I'd like to remove the "hd(0,2) Win7" option. It boots Win from the System Reserved partition and I can not figure out what/where file to edit.

Thanks folks!

-Aaron
that can be in a couple of locations. first have a look into /extra. that might be hidden so use the terminal or make hidden files and folders visible otherwise.
alternatively you could mount the small efi partition directly and look for the boot.plist there
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote: that can be in a couple of locations. first have a look into /extra. that might be hidden so use the terminal or make hidden files and folders visible otherwise.
alternatively you could mount the small efi partition directly and look for the boot.plist there

Thanks Foetz.

However, my org.chameleon.Boot.plist contains nothing in regards to these choices. Also, I am not using UEFI, as my motherboard does not support it.

I know there's a file somewhere, similar to Win boot.ini or BCD. I just dont know where it is located or how to edit it. :?
zagnut wrote: I know there's a file somewhere, similar to Win boot.ini or BCD. I just dont know where it is located or how to edit it. :?

yeah that's the default com.apple.Boot.plist. if you don't have either chameleon will just use the defaults
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote:
zagnut wrote: I know there's a file somewhere, similar to Win boot.ini or BCD. I just dont know where it is located or how to edit it. :?

yeah that's the default com.apple.Boot.plist. if you don't have either chameleon will just use the defaults

Is there any way to add a specific boot list?

This does not need to be necessary. It is just annoying, as I sometimes choose the Win7 partition for boot when choosing to boot Win7. Choosing Win7, instead of System Reserved, does not boot Win7. This is just for convenience.
zagnut wrote:
foetz wrote:

sure, just create that file in /Extra. shouldn't be hard to find an example out there
r-a-c.de
foetz wrote:
zagnut wrote:
foetz wrote:

sure, just create that file in /Extra. shouldn't be hard to find an example out there

Cool...I'll give that a go in the next day or two. Thanks foetz.