Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Xfile ? Got a few Microdrives with a strange interface

I happen have three of these strange MicroDrives, look at the picture, they don't come with a CF interface
so I do not really know how to interface them

some idea, guys ?
bye.
ivelegacy wrote: I happen have three of these strange MicroDrives, look at the picture, they don't come with a CF interface
so I do not really know how to interface them

some idea, guys ?

Google turns up references that it has an IDE/ATAPI interface , a little more google spelunking seems to suggest Hitachi used an obscure/obsolete proprietary .3mm pitch 35 pin PATA ZIF connector.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Microdrives are used to have a CF interface (including its mechanical connector) and comes with a subset of pATA
don't you guess why I have posted here ? for a reason: someone might have already used or might have already found a solution (1)
or might have already tried to hack them (wiring out into a connector ?) or just might need them :D

(1) ebay does not have these ZIF adapters
bye.
I think I have an old Dell Mini 9 netbook that uses such strange Pata interface. Maybe even that same Hitachi drive.
:Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :O2:
Jack Luminous wrote: I think I have an old Dell Mini 9 netbook that uses such strange Pata interface. Maybe even that same Hitachi drive.

if you want these micro drive, give me 2 euro each (I have 3 of them), plus shipping
from my point of view they are useless. However they are brand new, never used.

I ordered a pretty CF2 Microdrive from Amazon, unfortunately the max size I can get with a CF interface && made by Hitachi is 6Gbyte
I need a few of them for Cerberus (bootstrap storage) and for my PDA C1K, currently they are both 4Gbyte sized and it's too small
bye.
Thanks for the offer but I have really no need for them. I only sometimes use the poor old thing as a mp3 player in the basement. It works fine as is.
:Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :O2:
You've probably allready found this but a google search got this

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/279 ... 1006m5ce00
:Octane: R12K/400 Octane, 1024MB, 36GB 15K MAX3036NC , MXI