Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Cavium Octeon, mips64, tempted - Page 2

Kumba wrote: You need a new girlfriend

you might be right K-man :D
my Ex-Girlfriend was worst, one keeps getting better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
she claimed to be a super top model (she said, the science still needs to verify if it was the Truth)
the biggest liar ever, tall no more than 175 cm with heels, and the best fashion victim ever
with her I was lost, I mean my wallet was always always empty like a black hole :shock: :shock: :shock:

apart kidding, electricity in Italy is really too expensive , 30 days with IP30 running 24h/24 added an hundred euro to the final bill
my girlfriend is extremely minded about that, especially if things don't have a real purpose or can be replaced by things that cost the less

e.g. she is going to replace a part of the roof covering with a solar cell array
this costs 12K euro but you can reduce the electricity bills by a several order of magnitude
it's very very good to save your money, and we are both feeling fine

so from point of view, GaGa is better :D

p.s.
about electricity, I measured a Seagate ST3146855LC , it's 147Gbyte, 15000 RPM
and it eats 17,5W (measured 12W when in idle), while my poor 20Gbyte, 7200 RPN, eats 13Watt

so, I can deduce that having 3 SCA hard drives in Octane means something like ~3x15=~ 45Watt

where does "15" come from ? (17+13)/2=15
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new fun with IP30/Octane2
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ, ... }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB, GBA, PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight } ~ ~ I am still Learning English, be patient with me ~ ~
about me , there are just a few things to know: I am exuberant , and I love the urban dictionary : is it a problem ?!?