Miscellaneous Operating Systems/Hardware

Ubuntu Edge

For some reason, I really want an Ubuntu Edge ...

I'll be a believer when somebody can demonstrate editing a word document or running a full IDE on a phone. Emails, notifications, simple browsing yes; desktop replacement, no.

I mean, it's nice and all, but that's well over double the budget for designing one of our vehicles.

Didn't motorola do the phone-that-turns-into-a-PC thing a few years ago already?

I don't get this. The Parallela boards that just started shipping for 99 $ (the kickstarter campaign for credit card sized parallel computing), that makes sense. But why pay 900 $ now to maybe get a phone next year? Ok, it looks nice, nicely specced, but hey, if they build it you'll be able to buy it in a shop at some point anyway.

must be subliminal messages in the videos ;^)

Apart from that: overpriced, even though the specs are nice; and equipped with an OS that has questionable credibility in desktops, and none whatsoever in phones. Colour me unconvinced :)