IRIX and Software

Nedit colours are broken

Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been covered.
I just installed the neko version of nedit 5.5 and the colors are all messed up. In particular the background color is black, text highlighting seems to work though. Any ideas?
Fraz

Edit: maybe i should say a little more,
colors in nedit are set to SGI_DYNAMIC TextForeground for example. Are these supposed to be environment variables? either way they don't exist and so nedit is looking grim

Edit: Forget it, managed to sort it out, despit nedit not letting me manually enter colors in three of the color choice boxes
frazw wrote: Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been covered.
I just installed the neko version of nedit 5.5 and the colors are all messed up. In particular the background color is black, text highlighting seems to work though. Any ideas?
Fraz

Edit: maybe i should say a little more,
colors in nedit are set to SGI_DYNAMIC TextForeground for example. Are these supposed to be environment variables? either way they don't exist and so nedit is looking grim

Edit: Forget it, managed to sort it out, despit nedit not letting me manually enter colors in three of the color choice boxes

We have already a thread about this issue... but the easiest way is to define new colors and save these as new preferences. As colors you have to choose names like 'white', 'black', 'red' and so on.

regards
Joerg