IRIX and Software

Question on Software Revision

Found 5 of these sealed at a recycle shop. Anyone know what revision of 6.5 it is? Says SC4-AWE-6.5 REV.ZA

The full set was only produced for 6.5. Point releases came as overlays, with quarterly updated Applications CDs.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but looking at the release page it says SC4-AWE-6.5 Rev ZC: IRIX 6.5.21

I'm guessing http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/IRIX_6.5.19 ?
Seems like a reasonable assumption to me.
smit happens.

:Fuel: bigred , 900MHz R16K, 4GB RAM, V12 DCD, 6.5.30
:Indy: indy , 150MHz R4400SC, 256MB RAM, XL24, 6.5.10
:Indigo2IMP: purplehaze , 175MHz R10000, Solid IMPACT
probably posted from Image bruce , Quad 2.5GHz PowerPC 970MP, 16GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.4.11
plus IBM POWER6 p520 * Apple Network Server 500 * RDI PrecisionBook * BeBox * Solbourne S3000 * Commodore 128 * many more...
robespierre wrote: The full set was only produced for 6.5. Point releases came as overlays, with quarterly updated Applications CDs.

That's not correct. The "full" ASE/AWE sets were revised several times to include updated point releases, development foundations, libraries, and other disks in the shrink-wrapped package.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a complete list of ASE/AWE part numbers on the net.

I forget lettering scheme for the ASE/AWE part suffixes, but they do not strictly correspond to sequential numeric releases. I may be mistaken, but I think that some of the kits were specific to particular regions or hardware options. There are a handful of examples listed on the wiki at http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/IRIX_6.5_E ... _Revisions
josehill wrote:
robespierre wrote: The full set was only produced for 6.5. Point releases came as overlays, with quarterly updated Applications CDs.

That's not correct. The "full" ASE/AWE sets were revised several times to include updated point releases, development foundations, libraries, and other disks in the shrink-wrapped package.

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a complete list of ASE/AWE part numbers on the net.

I forget lettering scheme for the ASE/AWE part suffixes, but they do not strictly correspond to sequential numeric releases. I may be mistaken, but I think that some of the kits were specific to particular regions or hardware options. There are a handful of examples listed on the wiki at http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/IRIX_6.5_E ... _Revisions

interesting, so I guess the only way to tell is to open one up huh.
coolfox wrote: interesting, so I guess the only way to tell is to open one up huh.

If you do, please let us know the result so that we can add it to the wiki. Of course, you'd be welcome to add it, if you're so inclined. ;)
Looks like 6.5.19 and a bunch of other fun stuff. Could you please update the wiki?

I had to process the photo's a bit because they are quite dark.

I counted 18 different CD's: 4 x 6.5.19 overlay, Base doc, Applications, 4 x Freeware february 2003, 2 x 6.5.12 Demos, 4 x Found1/2/DevFound/DevLib, SNMP access for HP-UX MIB and ONC3/NFS3.

It's been added as an extra AWE revision entry.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP:
Thanks!
dexter1 wrote: I had to process the photo's a bit because they are quite dark.

I counted 18 different CD's: 4 x 6.5.19 overlay, Base doc, Applications, 4 x Freeware february 2003, 2 x 6.5.12 Demos, 4 x Found1/2/DevFound/DevLib, SNMP access for HP-UX MIB and ONC3/NFS3.

It's been added as an extra AWE revision entry.

Got another revision, 013-2477-001 Rev A is 6.5.

Comes with:

Irix 6.5 Development Foundation, MipsPro 7.2.1 Compiler Patches June 1998, Irix 6.5 Foundation 1, 2, Irix 6.5 Base documentation June 1998, SNMP Access to HP-UX MIB 1.1.2, ProDev Workshop 2.7, Irix 6.5 Installation Tools June 1998, MipsPro Fortran-77 7.2.1, ONC3/NFS Version 3, MipsPro C Compiler 7.2.1, Irix 6.5 Applications June 1998, Irix 6.5 Development Libraries
If you request a wiki account you could add that to the wiki yourself, most nekochan members (or at least the ones who stick around for more than a day or two) end up getting one... :P
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
I probably should heh
Here's the link to request an account, nekochan members are automatically approved:

http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/Special:RequestAccount
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2: