IRIX and Software

IRIX for x86

I bumped into this:
http://mattst88.com/blog/2009/04/09/IRIX_for_x86_and_the_700MHz_O2/

I looked around to see if it was already not posted, but after 15-20 minutes couldn't find it so...
You all probably already know, but posting anyway.

(I'm reading all I can to decide what to buy when I'm ready to bite my first SGI)
Image Image
The CPU with the weird FP bug was almost certainly the 400MHz PMC Sierra RM7000. They ended up recalling them and replacing them with slower chips because of weirdness in Maya iirc.

The PROM binaries are built from the same source tree as IRIX and the standalone utilities. You might as well ask for the release of IRIX source.
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
jan-jaap wrote: You might as well ask for the release of IRIX source.

lol :lol:
Head Full of Snow. Lemon Scented You
Typo in that IRC convo, the guy's name is Rich Altmaier not Altmier, and it's entirely possible that he wins the longevity award at SGI, having been employed there from 1991 until 2008, here's his linkedin, if anyone knows the guy how about lobbying him to join our humble membership here?
Project:
Temporarily lost at sea...
Plan:
World domination! Or something...

:Tezro: :Octane2:
I haven't logged into my LinkedIn account in years, and I doubt that him, being retired, would be logging in often either. But I'm bold enough to dare asking, if no one with more SGI-mojo here is willing to take the chance.
Image Image