IRIX and Software

Older Indizone Games on a O2 RUnning 6.3

I have a couple Indizone games I would like to install on a O2 I bought recently. I know the release of Indizone 1 and 2 were around the IRIX 5.3 Indy R4600 days but I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully installed Tranquility and Pods on a newer system like the O2 running IRIX 6.3. I only have the tar packages no tardist which is the only way I knew how to install them. Any advice or experience?
extract, look for the binary, run it, report back :D
and welcome here btw :-)
r-a-c.de
momoaz wrote: I have a couple Indizone games I would like to install on a O2 I bought recently. I know the release of Indizone 1 and 2 were around the IRIX 5.3 Indy R4600 days but I was wondering if anyone has sucessfully installed Tranquility and Pods on a newer system like the O2 running IRIX 6.3. I only have the tar packages no tardist which is the only way I knew how to install them. Any advice or experience?

Chances are very good it will run. The big breaks in compatibility were:
- Introduction of 4D series, moving from MC68k to MIPS (~1986/87)
- Introduction of IRIX 4D1-4.x, removal of NeWS window system
- Introduction of IRIX 6.2, removal of ECOFF binary support (used for IRIX 4 and earlier binaries)

Some software wigs out if it sees a graphics subsystem it wasn't designed around, but this is rare (some Discreet apps don't like ODYSSEY, many apps that expect a Z-buffer barf when given XS (without Z)).
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)