IRIX and Software

XMMS plugins

Seeing as the XMMS site is largely dead these days and none of the plugin links work any more, I wondered if anyone else here had any XMMS plugins that they'd managed to obtain and get working under IRIX? I'd be particularly interested in trying out the Crossfade plugin if it's possible to compile it under IRIX (even source code would be a start). I have downloaded the couple of visualiser plugins that are already in Nekoware incidentally (thanks to those that provided them).

Thanks in advance!
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Other systems in storage: :O2: x 2, :Indy: x 2
I've made a patch for xmms-timidity++ if you want it. LMK.
Yes please! Always looking to add a bit more functionality to my IRIX apps.

For the other plugins, I've managed to get the source of several of them via old XMMS pages on WaybackMachine. Managed to compile CrossFade successfully over the weekend, but the processing requirements seem a bit beyond my Indigo2 and I haven't had chance to try it yet on the Fuel. This weekend I aim to have a go at compiling the Pitch plugin to see how/if that works.
Systems in use:
:Fuel: - Lithium : R14000 600MHz CPU, 4GB RAM, V10 Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.30
:Indigo2IMP: - Nitrogen : R10000 195MHz CPU, 384MB RAM, SolidIMPACT Graphics, 36GB 15k HDD & 300GB 10k HDD, New/quiet fans, IRIX 6.5.22
Alright -- since you're really interested in this...

I also have an IRIX patch for xmms-JACK... This obviously requires JACK, which I've also worked out a patch for. I did this with the intention of eventually porting Ardour to IRIX.

Right now, I'm not packaging this stuff becase it's 'work in progress' and really convoluted, and I haven't touched it in awhile. JACK works as well as the XMMS plugin, but you'll have to patch and build the SW yourself.

LMK.
Hmm, JACK is one I've not really looked at before to be honest. Must admit, I'm not sure what I'd use it for as I usually want the output of XMMS to run to my speakers. Timidity++ seems like something I'd fine more useful as I do have a pile of older MIDI files. Don't worry at all if you're too busy to dig this out for now as I'm not in desperate need of it or anything!

Of course, if someone else would fine a use for JACK, I'll let them say. However given the bits you have on with MPlayer and everything, I'd say don't go to too much trouble with this one at the moment. If you've any other bits though that may be made available (even if I have to compile them), please do let me know.

And as always, thank you!!
Systems in use:
Axatax_ wrote: This obviously requires JACK, which I've also worked out a patch for.

Ooh. Don't divert from Mplayer but Jack is the showstopper for most fossy sound programs on Irix. Would be neat to have (at some point), grazie !
he said a girl named Patches was found ...