IRIX and Software

Bog standard 6.5 -> 6.5.22

Patch installed already and pretty much ready to go when i "wake up". Laying in bed and can't sleep and thought about 'maintenance stream' or 'feature stream' for my indigo2 extreme, so picked up my ipad and asked this question bugging my mind. :p

Which one should I use?

\Zzzzzlepy dude

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :0300: :Indy: :Indy: :320: :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Ok, I see.

From what you said I just selected maintenance stream.

It seems to be working with only one conflict. Don't remember which one. Hopefully it all works when done upgrading :P

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler
I've always found it interesting that though SGI claims to have merged feature stream and maintenance stream in 6.5.22, uname still keeps track of which you came up on, for example my Octane still seems to think it's on the maintenance stream:
Code:
uname -R
6.5 6.5.30m
Inst keeps track of it for backwards compatibility. From a practical standpoint you have the exact same software installed from 6.5.22 on no matter what stream you select.

The "interesting" question (for degrees of interesting that are near infinitesimal) is whether or not inst is smart enough to let you switch from F to M without reloading the base disks on releases >=6.5.22

Systems available for remote access on request.

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O200: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
SAQ wrote:
The "interesting" question (for degrees of interesting that are near infinitesimal) is whether or not inst is smart enough to let you switch from F to M without reloading the base disks on releases >=6.5.22
The mind boggles... :shock:
haha

yeah, well. I'm happy that I now can run Softimage retrostyle, which was the whole Idea with my Indigo2 :P Amazing really, back in the day I had my Amiga 4000 and dreamed about real time 3D graphics, and now I'm having a system from that period and it's still pretty good. Wish I had this computer back then.

But there seems to be problems with the date and clock settings, surely the Dallas chip doing it's thing which is more or less f***ing up the license. So I have to set the date every time I start the system.

Ironically my Fuel seems to be having problems with time too, just started yesterday while my trusty old ware horse, the Octane2, just works and works.

Thanks for all the help Guy's, you are truly awesome

Cheers :)

/Jonas

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler

You'll want to be careful, because when the Dallas finally goes your system date will revert to the Epoch (Jan 1 1970) and will be essentially useless until you put in a new one...
vishnu wrote:
Last Dallas chip I bought lasted about three months... :(

You'll want to be careful, because when the Dallas finally goes your system date will revert to the Epoch (Jan 1 1970) and will be essentially useless until you put in a new one...

Must be a way to split those suckers up, and connect a ordinary battery holder or something.

-----------------
Old polygon wrangler

"InfiniteReality Graphics - Power Through Complexity"