IRIX and Software

Quake on Octane2 V6Pro?

Hey guys..

I'm trying to run QuakeI on my Octane2. It's got V6PRO Graphics and 1.2GBRAM. When I run the quake executable, it defaults to the none GL versions. Is that how it's supposed to be? When I run the GL version, it gets laggy and then crashes my system. Any tips out there for Quake to run right? I'm using the port from SGI.
pan1k wrote: Hey guys..

I'm trying to run QuakeI on my Octane2. It's got V6PRO Graphics and 1.2GBRAM. When I run the quake executable, it defaults to the none GL versions. Is that how it's supposed to be? When I run the GL version, it gets laggy and then crashes my system. Any tips out there for Quake to run right? I'm using the port from SGI.

It has a known bug that crashes the X server on Vpro gfx.
No fix for it afaik.
Mein Führer, I can walk!
Really? All versions or just some? I can play Quake in OGL on my V12 Fuel just fine, but it turns to software rendering when using some effects.
- Jim
:Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: <- signed by The Screensavers :) :Indigo2IMP: (230L) (230L) :540: :1600SW: :1600SW: <- touchscreen :PI: :Octane2:
quake doesn't run properly on vpro systems. quake2 runs on all systems, and quake3 runs best on vpro systems.
You eat Cadillacs; Lincolns too... Mercurys and Subarus.