IRIX and Software

FS error code 1 (BU21)

The installation of FSN on my Onyx goes fine until I type "make install" and at "Making sure you can write to/usr/local/bin" I get "error code 1 (BU21)" and it stops.
First off, I have signed in as root so there should not be any permission issues and because of that I am stumped.
I got it to work on my Indigo but not here.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

Image <-------- A very happy forum member.
Did you have use "gmake"?
gmake?
Never heard of it.
:Crimson: :Onyx: :O2000: :O200: :O200: :PI: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Octane: :O2: :1600SW: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Cube:

... aka gnu make.
nope, not yet. I didn't even know it came with Irix.
EDIT: Just so you know, I have not installed a single piece of nekoware in this box yet and I assume gmake is part of nekoware?

pentium wrote: nope, not yet. I didn't even know it came with Irix.
EDIT: Just so you know, I have not installed a single piece of nekoware in this box yet and I assume gmake is part of nekoware?

that or SGIs freeware.
Well I guess this gives me an excuse to drag out the spool of network cable and network the system up do receive a healthy load of nekoware.

BuMP

Okay, lets try this again as soon as I manage to get all my nekoware unpacked.

For me it looks like that neko_make only have 2 dependancies and together with neko_expat you only need 4 packages in total.

Regards
Joerg
As many programs rely for building on features not supported in "normal" make, for quite a few years I now use mostly gmake instead. You can get the source from here http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/make/ . AFAIR, you can compile it without additional stuff - no need to install any nekoware packages. Read the INSTALL [of course, I trust you do have the IRIX make & C/C++ compiler].
Curious: the first recorded successful pregnancy brought forth a murderer...