IRIX and Software

digital universe

i have downloaded this software some month ago, and it work perfectly on all my sgi.....under 6.5.x...

don't run the partview directly, but launch the scripts....

Laurent
SGI or die !!!
:O2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :PI: :Crimson: :PWRSeries: :Onyx: :O2000R:
HP proliant DL 585 Quad Opteron dual core 2.5Ghz 16Gb
ohw0571 wrote: but - disappointingly - partiview coredumps on my Octane :(

That was Comet McNaught.
ohw0571 wrote: Hello,

IThe whole package is available for IRIX, but - disappointingly - partiview coredumps on my Octane :(
Very strange...The binary should have been created for IRIX 6.5.x.

Oliver

Exactly the same problem here, coredumps on an octane. In fact, every script coredumps.
Man is the only animal smart enough to build the Empire State Building, and the only one stupid enough to jump off it.
No problems here on an Origin2000 and Octane
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
it works perfect with:

Origin2000 8 r10k 250 : 6.5.30
Onix IP27 4 r10k 195 IR: 6.5.22
Octane2 dual r14k 600 Vpro: 6.5.30
Octane r12k400 SSI: 6.5.27
Indigo2 r10k 195 Maximpact: 6.5.22
Indigo2 r4k 250 HighImpact: 6.5.22....

what else ?

Laurent
SGI or die !!!
:O2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :PI: :Crimson: :PWRSeries: :Onyx: :O2000R:
ohw0571 wrote: We should check with our IRIX versions: In my case, the software failed on an Octane with 6.5.26.
So question to the people who don't have the problem: which release are you running?

Oliver

I'm running Partiview 0.7.06 under IRIX 6.5.27, no problems
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
It constantly segfaults on an Octane with 6.5.21, of that I can assure you :(
Last time I released a version of my software I had a similar problem where it would segfault on some machines and not others; turned out to be an incompatibility between the sgi freeware libjpeg and the neko version. Maybe this is something similar? Has anyone tried running the debugger to see what the stack trace looks like?
Same here with the

Code: Select all

Segmentation faults
and

Memory faults
I have a Octane2 V10 R12k/400MHz Irix 6.5.22.
Must be something with different versions of freeware and nekoware whichever gets loaded first and is first in the searchpath....
I can feel it, my mind is going ....
Hello all,

Same problem here on Octane whit 6.5.27. I will compile partview from source, have anyone compiled this whit gcc and get good results?

Thank's
Leonardo S. Balbi
ka0s wrote: Same here with the

Segmentation faults
and

Memory faults
I have a Octane2 V10 R12k/400MHz Irix 6.5.22.
Must be something with different versions of freeware and nekoware whichever gets loaded first and is first in the searchpath....

On this latter point, good try but I think not - it might be heretical to admit it here, but I have no nekoware installed on my Octane at all and I get a segfault every time I attempt to start partiview.
tested with succes on Vpro and SI+Tram

Laurent
SGI or die !!!
I also tried getting this to work. It didn't. I tried to build partiview manually but no go. I was too tired last night to keep working on it. It looks like a really nice app. It coredumps on me though :(