SGI: Discussion

O2 ct scanner keyboard problem

hello thank you for your help in advance, my ct scanner uses an "hybrid" keyboard(see attached), the right side of the keyboard (left, right, up, down ,insert, numbers +- etc) stop working , I change the keyboard the same result, do i need to reconfig the keyboard?

regards
I had the same kind of problem with a wacom tablet. Stopped working one day. Bought a second one. Didn't work either. What was needed was just a reinstall of the driver. it's worth trying anyway. :?
:Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :O2:
Jack thank you for your reply, the problem is the mainboard , i switched it and the keyboard works, i cannot get rid of the mainboard what can i do to solve it?

regards
tportales wrote: the problem is the mainboard , i switched it and the keyboard works, i cannot get rid of the mainboard what can i do to solve it?
What is the part number of the system/main board that works with your keyboard? Per chance are your CT Scanner and/or the specialized keyboard connected to one of the O2's serial ports?

The O2 system board came in at least two distinct variants, 030-1227-00x and 030-1327-00x. There have been a number of discussions here that seem to suggest the 030-1327-00x variant is required in O2s used with certain medical imaging equipment, though none of the discussions I found offer definitive proof as to what what differences were present that necessitated the use of the 030-1327-00x.

Here are a couple of the discussions I mentioned; there are others but none seem to offer a better explanation (the second link includes posts by "mapesdhs", an SGI reseller who may be able to offer you additional insight in to your keyboard/system board issue):

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16727286&p=7355919&#p7355919
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16726674&p=7350785&#p7350785

BTW, on the odd chance you switched system boards to add a faster processor, you may be able to install the faster processor complex onto the CT scanner friendly system board.
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
Thank you so much for your help the part number is 030-1327-001 and the keyboard is connected to the keyboard port,

thks