Hardware Wanted

RiscPC, second slice & locker-pins

so, I am still looking for a good second slice for my Risc PC/600 with locker-pins
I have been a good boy for all the year, so … make me an happy boy under the xmas tree

thank you Red Dad :D
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new fun with IP30/Octane2
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ, ... }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB, GBA, PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight } ~ ~ I am still Learning English, be patient with me ~ ~
about me , there are just a few things to know: I am exuberant , and I love the urban dictionary : is it a problem ?!?
ivelegacy wrote: so, I am still looking for a good second slice for my Risc PC/600 with locker-pins
I have been a good boy for all the year, so … make me an happy boy under the xmas tree

thank you Red Dad :D

Have you tried posting this request on comp.sys.acorn.hardware or riscosopen? Not sure there are many RiscPC users here!

If you find a bare slice and just need pins, let me know - mine are not much use now the case is four-slice! That said, unless you need to move the machine often or want to mount it on its side, the pins are unnecessary. Gravity is free!
Fuel ; Indigo2 ; Octane ; RiscPC Kinetic/448MB/RISCOS4.39 or Debian-etch; Dell Inspiron4100/P3 1GHz/1GB/Debian-stable; EspressoPC ViaC3/900MHz/256MB/Debian-testing; RPi B RISCOS5.23; Rpi2 Raspbian-jessie; A5000/33MHz/FPA11/8MB/RISCOS3.11; A540/25MHz/FPA10/16MB/RISCOS3.11 or RISCiX1.21; R140/35MHz/4MB/RISCOS3.11 or RISCiX1.21
ajw99uk wrote: Have you tried posting this request on comp.sys.acorn.hardware

done :D

ajw99uk wrote: unless you need to move the machine often or want to mount it on its side

It needs to stand up and looks at its own feet in order to look like a tower :D
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new fun with IP30/Octane2
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ, ... }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB, GBA, PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight } ~ ~ I am still Learning English, be patient with me ~ ~
about me , there are just a few things to know: I am exuberant , and I love the urban dictionary : is it a problem ?!?
ebay dot uk has a 2sliced for sale

* Acorn Risc PC 700
    * upgraded to StrongARM233
    * 42Mb RAM
    * 1Mb VRAM
    * 37Gb IDE drive (working, verifies fine)
    * RISC OS 4.39 in ROMs (working)
    * StrongARM 233 processor card (working)
    * 4 Podule backplane (working)
    * i-cubed network card (untested, responds to *Podules)
    * GeminiII && 586 processor card (untested)
    * Power-tec SCSI card (untested, responds to *Podules)
    * Internal SCSI ribbon cable (untested)
    * Original Acorn Keyboard (working)
    * Original Acorn Mouse with ball (working)
    * PS2Mouse (working)
    * Microsoft Optical Mouse (USB and PS2) (working)
    * IDE CD ROM drive (untested, but drawer opens OK)

pros:
2 slices and locker pins !!!!!!!! YeAhhhh !!!!!!!!!
v4.39/adjust in ROM, even if I have already bought & burned mine

cons:
Cmos battery leakage (to be removed for the sooner, it's corrosive!!!)
poor ram as both DDE & gcc take up to 24 Mbyte of ram, but I already have a 128Mbyte set (2x64Mbyte) ready to be installed

the shipping price is ~£34
I doubt the final price will stay under the definition "good deal"
but I'm tempted 'cause It might be :D
Hmm, maybe I should consider selling my surviving Chalice CATS board (233MHz StrongARM in ATX form factor)... ;)
:Indigo: R4000 :Indigo: R4000 :Indigo: R4000 :Indigo2: R4400 :Indigo2IMP: R4400 :Indigo2: R8000 :Indigo2IMP: R10000 :Indy: R4000PC :Indy: R4000SC :Indy: R4600 :Indy: R5000SC :O2: R5000 :O2: RM7000 :Octane: 2xR10000 :Octane: R12000 :O200: 2xR12000 :O200: - :O200: 2x2xR10000 :Fuel: R16000 :O3x0: 4xR16000 :A350:
among more than 150 machines : Apollo, Data General, Digital, HP, IBM, MIPS before SGI , Motorola, NeXT, SGI, Solbourne, Sun...
I do not know your board, never heard, even if it sounds interesting :D

there is a precise reason for my RiscPC: the Gemini Chip !
It allows the use of a x86 PC card under MSDOS v6.22!
powered with a 486DX4@100Mhz and able to fully access the parallel port(1) and serial port(2)

these two are perfect to convert the RiscPC into a solid and useful 332 development station!
more comfortable than a genuine DOS station!

the alternative is OS/2 Warp3, which allows a fully DOS emulation
while Windows 95 and XP fails the the 332 software, already tried

I have an original SierraC toolchain, plus a full BDM set of tools (hw debugger)
and as "bonus" RiscOS offers a pretty and simple way to develop interfaces

in this case the last DDE is required

I need the second slice in order to install my 332 board inside the RiscPC(3), as I like to have a compact solution on my desk!

(1) used by the BDM engine
(2) used by the TAP engine
(3) it has been mooted inside a box with has the same form factor of a CDROM drive in 5"1/4

~~~~~

It seems that dudes @ cjemicros have some used RiscPC second slice kits in stock!
their kit includes: Acorn Risc PC used second case slice, two slice Pins, EMC Gasket, and feet for vertical mounting
(a bit expensive, 55UKP, plus 13UKP, ~70UKP shipped)
sold for ~ 200UKP :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

next time I will be lucky :D
ivelegacy wrote: sold for ~ 200UKP :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

next time I will be lucky :D

Or maybe not .... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RISC-PC-600-U ... Sw5dNWrl-M (though interesting to see if it actually sells at that price!)

If you are still looking for the second slice, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Risc-PC-Secon ... Sw--1Wrjyh might be worth an offer? (there are some pins on at the moment as well, but only individual ones)
Fuel ; Indigo2 ; Octane ; RiscPC Kinetic/448MB/RISCOS4.39 or Debian-etch; Dell Inspiron4100/P3 1GHz/1GB/Debian-stable; EspressoPC ViaC3/900MHz/256MB/Debian-testing; RPi B RISCOS5.23; Rpi2 Raspbian-jessie; A5000/33MHz/FPA11/8MB/RISCOS3.11; A540/25MHz/FPA10/16MB/RISCOS3.11 or RISCiX1.21; R140/35MHz/4MB/RISCOS3.11 or RISCiX1.21
thank you, so kind
yes, I am still looking for these stuff, including locker-pins :D
I got a riscpc 600 2slices for ~50gbp 10years go. It turns out it's a good investment :)
"Look on wife/girlfriends/parents face when you drag all this stuff(IRIS CRIMSON, ONYX, ONYX2, ORIGIN 2000 ,etc.) home.... Priceless! ;) "
:Tezro: :O3x02L: :Indy: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :O2: :Octane: Motorla Series 900(MVME197LE) , Atari TT030, Motorola Powerstack
kokoboi wrote: 50gbp 10years ago. It turns out it's a good investment

sir, as Possible Refund Opportunity, I offer you a few Banknotes
with a portrait of Charles Darwin and Edward Elgar on the back
for the total amount of Fifty Pounds and Eighty-Seven Pence
plus One Shilling with the portrait of Her Majesty the Queen

( kidding :D :D :D :D :D )

p.s.
have you already tried the last DDE ?
the most wonderful development suite ever
worth the money, ironically exactly 50 UKP :D