Hardware Wanted

ISO: Octane2 8GB Ram Kit

Hi all -

I have the later motherboard and am looking to populate it with 8GB. Can anyone point me towards a source?

Cheers,
Karyn
techgrrl - Image Image Image Image Image Image - button pusher, point'n'clicker, photon collector
are you planning to run Ansys Fluent , the monster which eats more ram than the amount your wallet can allow, this in order to perform FEM analysis :D ?

umm, sorry, 8 Gbyte, I have absolutely no idea about where to find them for cheap, I am sure a good dealer has them, but beware their prices are not for faint hearted.

• 2GB RAM kit (2 x 1GB DIMMs): 225 UKP (later motherboard only; SGI PN 9470343)
  • 2GB RAM kit (2 x 1GB DIMMs): 225 UKP (later motherboard only; Kingston PN KSG-OCTR12/2048)
  • 2GB RAM kit (2 x 1GB DIMMs): 225 UKP (later motherboard only; Dataram PN 62637)

~900UKP + shipping

from here
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
The unicorn at the end of the end of the rainbows sells that kit for £10.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
I happen to have an under-utilized Octane 2 with Dual 600Mhz cpus and 7 Gb of ram.

I'm doing a little computer downsizing so make me a huge offer on those 6-1Gb sticks and they can be yours.

I'm also willing to take serious offers on the Dual 600's.
thegoldbug
:ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :ChallengeXL: :OnyxR: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Fuel: :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :320: :320: :320: :320: :Indy: x5 :Indy: x2 :1600SW: x5 :Indigo: x7
Vault L, 6-1200s, Fibre Hub, Dials, Boards, spares, 3 Sun Blade 2000s, Sun Fire V480, 2-Hero 2000 Robots, 5-Hero 1 Robots
thegoldbug wrote: I happen to have an under-utilized Octane 2 with Dual 600Mhz cpus and 7 Gb of ram.

I'm doing a little computer downsizing so make me a huge offer on those 6-1Gb sticks and they can be yours.

I'm also willing to take serious offers on the Dual 600's.

All the great stuff is coming up when I can't afford it - right now I have dual 400's, seems to be okay, but knowing me, yes, I would like to eventually upgrade this beast - what would you want for the 600s?

Cheers,
Karyn
techgrrl - Image Image Image Image Image Image - button pusher, point'n'clicker, photon collector