Hardware Wanted

FOUND wtb: octane front plane

hi guys
dead front plane, so i am looking for
  • SILICON GRAPHICS SGI 030-0891-003 OCTANE FP1 FRONT PLANE BOARD XBOW v1.4

edit:
found!
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
I wonder about repairing

yesterday I was asked 200 USD for just the front plane + shipping X___X
and I was shocked X_____X
Some prowling the streets, looking for sweets from their Candyman , I'm Looking for a new IP30/Octane2
My machine got the Xbow damaged, so I swapped for a second hand Rigol-DG1032Z WaveGen/DDS@30Mhz
IP30 purposes : linux (kernel development), Irix Scientific Apps { Ansys, Catia, Pro/E, FiberSIM, AutoDYNþ }
Other Projects : { Cerberus , Woody Box , 68K-board, SWI_DBG }, discontinued Console hacks { GB , PSX1 }
Wanted Equipments : { U1732C LCR meter by Keysight, alternatives are the welcome }
ivelegacy wrote:
yesterday i was asked for 200 USD for just the front plane + shipping X___X
when i can pick up a whole IP30 (full machine, so front-plane + CPU + power supply + disks + V6 + plastic case + metal case) from ebay at the same price

i was shocked X_____X

Really, where? I almost never see prices like that for anything.
ebay, USA, for example
I guess by the time I check it, all of that stuff is gone. I was about to buy a vpro card a while back, but by the time I loaded a prepaid debit card someone bought it within a few hours of it being listed. Same thing with a nice 300 dollar fuel.
$200-250 for a complete Octane2 is not rare on ebay but they do sell fast. The big cost on them is the shipping. I have sold several of these systems and people can't understand that sending a 75 pound computer with proper packaging is expensive.
If the thing isn't on fire it's a software problem.

:Tezro: :Octane2: :O2+: :Fuel: :O3x0: :A350: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo:
oh well, I need just the FP1
@surrealdeal

here it is, on ebay dot com

see by yourself if you do not trust me :mrgreen:

SILICON GRAPHICS SGI 030-0891-003 OCTANE FP1 FRONT PLANE BOARD XBOW 1.4
Price:US $250.00 Buy It Now
Shipping: $44.53 International Priority Shipping to Italy via the Global Shipping Program

that's insane, 250 USD just for the front plane X________________X
surrealdeal wrote: I guess by the time I check it, all of that stuff is gone. I was about to buy a vpro card a while back, but by the time I loaded a prepaid debit card someone bought it within a few hours of it being listed. Same thing with a nice 300 dollar fuel.

If something is a good deal on ebay you need to jump on it. I think I was looking at the same Fuel you are talking about, but I hesitated and it was gone. :evil:

@surrealdeal and ivelegacy I don't like to take apart complete Octanes but if between you two it all goes to good homes I will part one. It would help if everybody put your location in your profile so I can get an idea of how much of a system to offer.

I have offered big parts for free in response to a post only to find out the member is 5000 miles away.

Heck, if hamei was closer I would have already sent him 200 pounds of crap.

@mopar5150
i live in italy, and i am a working student
actually i am working in Bologna, which is 250Km from where i live (Milano)
these two cites are both sited in the North part of Italy
Yeah ivelegacy we don't have many Italians on here, so if you're going to find a cheaper frontplane you will pay for the cost in shipping. I sold a chassis on eBay of an Octane 2 for $100, it sold within a day, but because it was the entire chassis, shipping to the EU would have been over $100 USD. You simply pay for the math somewhere along the line.
Entire collection up for sale :(

four pins missing, completely missing, and I wonder if it can be repaired
If you can desolder the stubs of the old pins and push them out of the plastic you could stuff new ones through the connector body and resolder them 8-)
Thinkpad x220 Slack + DWM

Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
yeah, i have an unsolder hot air station, and i am used to do things like that, but … this connector seems to be very complex to be unsoldered, i have asked to my friends and they are all afraid about that