Hardware Wanted

Wanted: various items

Either to buy cheaper than on ebay, or for free ;)

1. An IBM 24P6893 VRM - for Rarity , so I can install a second CPU in it.
2. A 13w3 <-> VGA cable/adapter, that works with rs/6000 . ItsMeOnly suggested, that a SGI 13w3 adapter should work, so I will borrow it from a local hackerspace, shall its owner allow me to. But if I were to use this machine (which I actually did borrow for "unknown amount of time") from Trasz - I would strongly prefer to have something of my own, not to use two devices, from two different persons ;)
3. Also, another video cable - through I have no idea which one - and I would need it only if I was fully aware that the machine has a video card - for a DECStation 5000/260, that is coming soon to me. Also, keyboard and mouse, maybe? ;)

Well, those are the things I could possibly afford very soon, but if some of you have too much money, you can always look at the last column here ;) This is a list of things I hope to buy some day. With few exceptions - in alpha part, it is a list of preferable models - if I get a more powerful ones, i delete the less powerful machines from the list.

for the DECstation you need a 3W3 cable. DEC made 3W3 to 3xBNC cables and I think that's it. so it's difficult to use them on monitors without BNC inputs. all the DECstations use sync on green. You could use the DEC cable + 3 female BNC couplers + VGA to BNC cable, but that's getting a little bit long.

the keyboard and mouse for the DECstation can be the old LK201/LK401 from VT2xx-VT4xx and VAXes, and the VAX Hawley mouse. There is a cable adapter for those, but you can just wire your own DA15 plug adapter.

I'd recommend a "universal" 13W3 cable. I have one similar to this http://www.ebay.de/itm/270832512031 and it has served me well so far. Since only the sync signals pass through the switches, the signal quality is not degraded in comparison to "original" SUN or SGI cables.
I have a DIY dsub-13w3 cable and a ready-made one as well (this one requires 13w3-13w3 cable to switch gender at the end).
The cables worked well with my octane, now I have original sgi cable and I don't need so many of them.
I will likely be in Poland at the end of January - you can have it all :-) .

I have a DIY dsub-13w3 cable and a ready-made one as well (this one requires 13w3-13w3 cable to switch gender at the end).
The cables worked well with my octane, now I have original sgi cable and I don't need so many of them.
I will likely be in Poland at the end of January - you can have it all :-) .

I am not sure, however, if it would work - I used someone's 13w3<->D-SUB adapter , which works with SGIS (tested with Octane and Indy), and it works like this:
1. Monitor behaves like it got signal, but doesn't display anything.
2. The green LED starts blinking
3. It doesn't have the signal anymore.

I will try with a Sun one soon.
I would take Your cables, if I had my own SGi machine, of which I have none right now ;) But thanks for an offer! eventually, of the Sun adapter fails, I might try to take them...
ALSO: I want to go to Tokyo, too!