Hardware For Sale/Trade

Deskside Onyx bits and pieces

Hi

I'm having a bit of clearout at the moment, and I've got a few bits and pieces to get rid of. Ages ago I bought two ex-Royal Navy deskside Onyxs to rebuild. I managed to get one up and running, but the other is being broken up for spares. It is basically complete except for having no power supply, no hard drives or sleds, no system controller board, and no display system (the display generator is dead and I put the RM4s into the working machine, though the geometry engine still works). It has two R4400 200MHz processors. The skins are in good condition, except for the front, which has a whole in it.

If you want any bits from it, let me know and we can sort out postage costs. If no one wants any of this stuff, it will be going into the bin in a couple of weeks. I am located on the east coast of England so postage to the US could be a bit pricey, but I can look into costs if anyone really wants the bits.

I also have the following parts to get rid of :

6 x 64Mb RAM kits (each kit has 4 x 16Mb SIMMS)

1 x MC3 memory boards (part no. 030-0604-106 rev. B)

1 x Black Box ethernet 10baseT transceiver model LE2040A - converts your 15 pin network port into a standard 10Mbps ethernet port

1 x O2 standard audio module. This is the one without video support

If you want some memory and an MC3 I will assemble and test them before I post them.
Still got some of this stuff?
I've still got *all* of this stuff. Gues no one else is rebuilding Onyxs these days...

Which bits are you interested in?
big_mark_h wrote: I've still got *all* of this stuff. Gues no one else is rebuilding Onyxs these days...

I'm interested, but as you said, shipping to the US is pricey. I bought an Onyx MCO board from a guy in the UK back on July 14th, cost almost $60USD to ship it International Economy 28-30 day delivery. Needless to say I'm still waiting for it.
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
Hey guys -

I'm mostly looking for the purple front door and the lower skid plates. THey're small enough to make shipping doable - is the hole in the black or the purple parts ? Can you send some pics ?
Hi Joe

The purple door and skids are fine. The hole is in the black plastic door, through the air vents near the top. Happened in transit when I bought them :(

If you definitley want them, I'll look into shipping costs.
Absolutely, please check out cost to USA zip 92841 California
kshuff wrote:
big_mark_h wrote: I've still got *all* of this stuff. Gues no one else is rebuilding Onyxs these days...

I'm interested, but as you said, shipping to the US is pricey. I bought an Onyx MCO board from a guy in the UK back on July 14th, cost almost $60USD to ship it International Economy 28-30 day delivery. Needless to say I'm still waiting for it.

That sucks!! I wish I would have known that you were looking. Well, if it never shows up I have the BOB-less version here kindly insulating the top of a box for me. :)
Patrick

- That's what she said -
archaic wrote: That sucks!! I wish I would have known that you were looking. Well, if it never shows up I have the BOB-less version here kindly insulating the top of a box for me. :)

Got it yesterday, box was waiting for me on the porch when I got home from work. It is the BOB-less version :)

On a side note, are we gonna do the O2k nodeboard and memory deal, never heard back from you.
-ks

:Onyx: :Onyx: :Crimson: :O2000: :Onyx2: :Fuel: :Octane: :Octane2: :PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :O2: :O2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :320: :540: :O3x0: :1600SW: :1600SW: :hpserv:

See them all >here<
kshuff wrote:
archaic wrote: That sucks!! I wish I would have known that you were looking. Well, if it never shows up I have the BOB-less version here kindly insulating the top of a box for me. :)

Got it yesterday, box was waiting for me on the porch when I got home from work. It is the BOB-less version :)

On a side note, are we gonna do the O2k nodeboard and memory deal, never heard back from you.

Yeah. I will get it together tonight. We upgraded our CallManager here at work and our IPCC system went right in the can so i have been living here for awhile. It seems to be happy now so I actually have time to get your stuff ready to go. Cheers.
Patrick

- That's what she said -
You have a PM :)
I'm mostly looking for the purple front door and the lower skid plates. THey're small enough to make shipping doable - is the hole in the black or the purple parts ? Can you send some pics ?

Well, it looks like you beat me to them Joe :) I still have the 10000 IR front door if you want to trade for the plain Onyx one. Also for what it is worth I am looking for a set of side rails also.

Thanks,
James