Hardware For Sale/Trade

removed

That's one nice looking O2(+) :D

ivelegacy wrote: my be I am wrong the in title, O2+? O2/R12K?

There's a sticker on the bottom, if it says "O2+" I'd call it that whatever color it has. See: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16724522&p=7333359
:PI: :Indigo: :Indigo: :Indy: :Indy: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Octane: :Octane2: :O2: :O2+: Image :Fuel: :Tezro: :4D70G: :Skywriter: :PWRSeries: :Crimson: :ChallengeL: :Onyx: :O200: :Onyx2: :O3x02L:
To accentuate the special identity of the IRIS 4D/70, Silicon Graphics' designers selected a new color palette. The machine's coating blends dark grey, raspberry and beige colors into a pleasing harmony. ( IRIS 4D/70 Superworkstation Technical Report )
I see you've quoted part of my site's pricing on your eBay listing, but with no source link. Presumably from the comparison then, your O2 comes with 90 days cover, 6 months cover for the disk, etc.

Also, if the sw has been removed from the system, then the eBay listing is inaccurate.

Ian.
I'm working on a charitable PC build for the Learn Engineering YouTube channel. Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute! Donations of items I can sell to provide funds are also welcome.
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796
+44 (0)7434 635 121
ivelegacy wrote: I am a bit bored to hear people offering 100 euro, or strange question or request

I can understand that, and entirely agree. :)

ivelegacy wrote: why so expensive? 500 euro is too much (asked several times)

Just ignore them. An item is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay. eBay is not, has never been, never well be and cannot be any kind of objective measure of an item's worth. Those who claim otherwise or use example eBay listings as a means of price pressure are doing so only because they want to spend as little as possible; ironically, the same people then ask much more when they try to sell their own items.

ivelegacy wrote: well, I have to pay 50 euro to ebay, and 20 euro to paypal

That's partly why I don't sell stuff on eBay. :D

ivelegacy wrote: I just want to sell this machine in order to make a favor to a friend

The most I could offer atm is 400E + shipping.

Ian.
I'm working on a charitable PC build for the Learn Engineering YouTube channel. Please PM/email/call if you'd like to contribute! Donations of items I can sell to provide funds are also welcome.
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796
+44 (0)7434 635 121
The DCD is the only reason I'd consider buying it at all.

Ian.
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796
+44 (0)7434 635 121
If he wants 600+ with the DCD included, why was the eBay listing set for a 550 starting price, which as you say would have resulted in less than 475 net after fees removed? :D

Btw, I list DCDs that high now because the last time someone wanted to buy one from me, I had to buy it from an SGI dealer for over 800 UKP; my profit on the deal was barely enough for a week's food.

Sadly this is why I've been forced to move away somewhat from dealing with SGI stuff in recent years, because I can't get hold of stuff at a cost level that's worthwhile, if it's available at all, and the warranty risks at these cost levels are becoming scary as heck.

Atm I'm building three custom PCs for two guys in the UK and someone in CA (two 4.8GHz X79 + Quadro pro systems, and a 5GHz Z68 + 980 Ti gaming system). I don't have a section for PC stuff on my site yet, but it's coming. Oh the irony...

Ian.

PS. See: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/8231433
[email protected]
+44 (0)131 476 0796
+44 (0)7434 635 121
This actually makes for a good conversation of relative value of SGI systems and the above mentioned O2 in particular and if dealing in SGI hardware remains a worthwhile business, but i don't think a "for sale" topic is suited for it.

Could you continue this discussion in a different topic, please?
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
Indeed, that's why I didn't reply again... oh wait, oops. :}
The forum topic was removed upon Moderator request because it violated forum rules and guidelines. Locking thread.
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2: