Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS IOMEGA 21Mbyte floptical diskette

hi guys
i have found a IOMEGA 21Mbyte floptical diskette
i have no floptical drive, so i want to sell just the diskette @ ridiculous price
i have also found a floptical 3.5" drive, it comes in a pretty shape but it is not working (i have tested now: DEAD), so if you also want it, just add +5 euro, it's good only for collection purpose
So what do you want for the diskette + drive + shipping to Germany?
These drives are not the most reliable. But they are not that advanced either, so repair is possible.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
here it is a photo of what i am talking about

robespierre wrote: These drives are not the most reliable. But they are not that advanced either, so repair is possible

i can't say if the damage is in the electronic or in the mechanical stuff, i can say that HINV is recognizing the floppy driver, but the floppy is not able to read a floppy/floptical (it can read/write both, it is written on the label), also i find very difficult to insert a floppy in the unit, so … i guess how to repair the mechanics in case it is the reason why the driver is not working, or how to repair the electronic part in case a chip is died. Have you to unsolder things ? ok, it could be done with a rework station (hot air + unsolder gun), but what about the replacement chips ?

to short up my question: are you really sure it can be fixed ? i want to sell it out as "collectable object" proved (as i tested it) to be not working.

this floptical drive is my friend's, and i have noticed he has replace the unit with a iomega zip/scsi of 100Mbyte. In case you need a removable SCSI unit, it may be he has a other Iomega/ZIP scsi, perhaps external unit (which should look like the parallel port one, i mean a plastic box with a cable, instead of a unit to be mounted into a sled)

FlasBurn wrote: So what do you want for the diskette + drive + shipping to Germany?

ridiculous price as from my point of view the floppy driver is not working: 10 euro for the whole, both floptical disk and floppy driver
but the real problem is: the shipping

i have asked these shipping agency guys (local italian shipping agency) and they always replied me that the minimal cost to europe is 19.90 euro even if the parcel is smaller and under 1Kg, as in this case X_____X

if you have any other good idea, let me know
else way the total is 30 euro shipped