Hardware For Sale/Trade

SGI Indigo, O200, Origin 2000 + MMSC, UK collection only

Hi all

** updated 10th July, and added photos to dropbox**

I'm looking to move house over the coming months so I need to free up some space.

I have a couple of SGI Indigo's, an o2, Octane , Origin 200, Origin 2000 tower cabinet complete with 8 CPUs, an MSC, MMSC, and LCD front panel, 2 full router boards, JBOD shelf, HiPPI serial, XIO carrier card with PCI CadDuo (so you can attach PS2 kb & ms) and SI graphics installed ... :D

Think there's possibly some directory ram somewhere too. I have one of those rackmount LCD / keyboard drawer thingy that I can throw in too.

some photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nxv2f3rlpoa7 ... XKmgn0Blqa

Now, I can't swear to it that 100% of everything still works (I know the LCD panel attached to the MMSC flickers a bit, maybe loose connection / corrosion on the connector perhaps?), since it has been mostly powered off the past few years, but Im pretty sure you can salvage enough parts to make it worth your while. Whilst I'm pretty sure the o2, O200, O2000 are in working condition, It will all be sold as seen, spares or repair, no returns. If you give me enough notice to arrange it, I'm sure I can arrange to power them on for you before you commit.

The MMSC on the Origin 2000 was used to create the following blog post after I got it powered up.
http://www.nevynsblog.co.uk/2008/10/sgi ... -help.html .

the small print:

I'm asking £60 o.n.o. for all the rackmount kit (the Origin 200, Origin 2000, the cabinet and the LCD drawer) and £60 for all the small kit (Indigos, Octane, O2) £20 for the o2, cash on collection, sold as seen, on a first-come basis.

I'm based near Sheffield (plenty of scrapyards nearby so act fast!) and you will need to arrange suitable transport to take it. I will not ship this by courier, you will have to collect it, by arrangement.

If interested please PM me or email kevinpgrant at yahoo co uk
Any pictures?
:Indy: R4600PC 133 MHz

Mac Mini 2.5GHz 8GB RAM
Raspberry Pi
Yep, sorry, been trying to get around to uploading them...

Here's the Origin 2000 - https://www.facebook.com/kevinpgrant/me ... 989&type=3

Here's the o2 (more on this to come though) - https://www.facebook.com/kevinpgrant/me ... 989&type=3

I'll keep uploading the other systems as I dig them out and power them up.
Pictures on Facebook? Not very friendly to us non-Facebook users.
Torfinn
Yeah, sorry about the facebook thing for the photos, I was short on time and it was better than nothing... :/

If anyone is interested in anything specifically, and cant see the photos, PM me - I'll send them by zip or post to flickr maybe. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm afraid the Octane is no longer available, it failed power on test, and is due to get melted down. Last chance if you want plastics / locking bar etc - drives have been removed.

** Does anyone know if the spare Octane RAM can go in an o200 or an o2000 CPU board? cheers **
I would say please upload the photos to nekochan.net (click on full editor, scroll down to "upload attachment"...) but since it's not for sale anymore, the "sign up for facebook! pretty pretty please!!!?" page isn't all that annoying.

Failing POST may not be a big deal, and not at least offering it for free to locals before scrapping it is an insult.
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.
When the Origin had failed power on test, it blew the PSU and died. On closer inspection all the internal compression connectors and external fittings on the boards were all far too corroded for the octane to be considered usable, so I have held it back until after I salvalged the drives, ram - and offered up the remaining miscellaneous parts such as plastics and locking bars rather than directly disposing of it. (@guardian452: this shouldn't be considered an insult?!)

I have enjoyed collecting these systems over the last 15 years, and would - like anyone else here - like to see them being put to good use by someone who collects them, instead of ending up in a dumpster. It is not easy to let any of them go, and to end a collection/hobby at the same time!

If anyone is interested in the Origin 200 or 2000 but cannot arrange immediate collection, please still get in touch - can arrange temporary storage if it helps. (I'm even open to offers on the price!)

However, I have made made a commitment that I would find new owners for this kit by the end of July, otherwise will have to reluctantly dispose of them by whatever means necessary. Final disposal will happen in early August. *

* Again, I'm not looking to insult anyone here. If I seem to be taking drastic measures, It is just due my personal circumstances requiring prompt action.
OK sure, in context it is understandable..

But "it won't POST anymore so instead of trying to sell it I'm going to scrap it" is hard to hear...
Google: Don't Be Evil. Apple: Don't Be Greedy. Microsoft: Don't Be Stupid.