Hardware For Sale/Trade

[NL] Free: 2x Tandem Himalaya K200s + peripherals

I need the space in my garage back since I'll shortly have to fit two cars in there, so I'm offering my Tandems to any takers. It's two K200s, a disk array, some spare disks, some DATs, no DATs, a terminal or two, and a bunch of spare cards and PSUs.

They are located in the Dutch province of Noord-Holland, measure 76x102x53cm, weigh a lot (two strong people can lift them), and are on wheels that are just about but not quite good enough to get them easily on a trailer. They can be shipped...if you arrange everything :) I have a 2-ton shop crane and a handtruck, and I'm willing to help you with loading. I brought them home one-at-a-time in the back of my old BMW 5-series wagon, but had to take the front door off the cabinets to fit them in.

They previously served (ha!) at the Dutch stock exchange 'NYSE Euronext' and came to me as a purchase from someone who worked there when they were decommissioned and obtained them through official channels. I don't know a whole lot about them, but I think they're MIPS-based and have a lot of CPUs. Apparently each CPU runs its own copy of the OS, and all the instances talk to each other over some internal network thingy. The mind boggles. Docs are available from HP.

I've listed them on Marktplaats (a Dutch Craigslisty sort of thing), and have put out a similar blast on cctalk as well. I don't expect a lot of takers, but I'm hoping I can find someone who cares, or they may end up recycled. There seem to be no shortage of people in the Netherlands who are happy to recycle them for me :-/

Photos are here: http://500px.com/theodric
:Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Fuel: Image 8/E Image 8/M (1973) Image 8/M (1975)
They've found a home.
:Indigo2IMP: :O2: :Fuel: Image 8/E Image 8/M (1973) Image 8/M (1975)