Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS: RM10 Raster Managers $ 45. ea

013-2954-00X RM10 Raster Managers for ONYX2

and can i mix them with my existing 2 RM7-64s, or do i have to pull the 64s altogether?
Replacing the RM7's
Further info: http://www.nekochan.net/wiki/index.php/ ... References

and if i have a second pipe that is ir2, it wouldnt be effected at all right?
sorry i just got my first onyx2 - this is all pretty new to me
You would need a GE16-4. The DG5-2 would still work.

SGI 030-1398-001 GE16-4 GRAPHICS BOARD, IR2.....$ 95.

but if i have a regular IR2 pipe with the original ge14-4 and dg5-2, i could load it with 4 rm10-256s and it would work? or do i need a new GE as well?

If your Onyx2 has the rackmount graphics module you can run two pipes <unless you have the DPLEX option installed in both, the pipes are completely separate, so you can run one IR2 and one IR3 if you like>. As long as you have the room <and RM10s at the lowest price I've ever seen>, there's a pretty significant performance boost to running an IR3 pipe with four RM10s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16722836&p=7319524&#p7319524

Or if you want to run two IR3 pipes and Plex them, I have two spare DG5-2/DPLEX option boards with all of the connection cabling. ;)

* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
recondas wrote:
jdanna wrote:
but if i have a regular IR2 pipe with the original ge14-4 and dg5-2, i could load it with 4 rm10-256s and it would work? or do i need a new GE as well?

If your Onyx2 has the rackmount graphics module you can run two pipes <unless you have the DPLEX option installed in both, the pipes are completely separate, so you can run one IR2 and one IR3 if you like>. As long as you have the room <and RM10s at the lowest price I've ever seen>, there's a pretty significant performance boost to running an IR3 pipe with four RM10s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16722836&p=7319524&#p7319524

Or if you want to run two IR3 pipes and Plex them, I have two spare DG5-2/DPLEX option boards with all of the connection cabling. ;)

well right now i have 1 IR2 pipe with 2 RM7-64s, and one with 2 RM7-16s
my thought would be to make the big pipe an IR3 with rrm10-256s, and move the 2 rm7-64s into the second pipe

right now they both have dg5-2s, but i have a dg5-8 on the way (luck ass bid on ebay)
if i made one ir3 and the other i2, i wouldnt be able to plex them would i?
jdanna wrote:
well right now i have 1 IR2 pipe with 2 RM7-64s, and one with 2 RM7-16s
my thought would be to make the big pipe an IR3 with rrm10-256s, and move the 2 rm7-64s into the second pipe

right now they both have dg5-2s, but i have a dg5-8 on the way (luck ass bid on ebay)
if i made one ir3 and the other i2, i wouldnt be able to plex them would i?
I haven't ever tried Plexing different levels of IR graphics, but my guess would be the IR3 side would take a performance hit if Plexed to an IR2.

BTW, if you don't already have one, you'll need another XTown to connect the second pipe.

Yup - its currently a 2 pipe system, just wondering about making it much better and faster
jdanna wrote:
just wondering about making it much better and faster
$45 is a fraction of what RM10s usually go for - they might be $30 next week, but I wouldn't bet on it. If you want 'better and faster' and can swing six of 'em I'd go for it. BigD ran his Onyx2 Deskside with RM10s and a GE14-4 until he ran across a good deal on a GE16, so you could hold off on one or both GE16s if needed to budget the RM10s.