Hardware For Sale/Trade

FS: UK SGI bit's and a wee bit o' Sun!

Well, my return to Irix after a hiatus of about three years and I already want one of those 500 Euro Fuel's on ebay - Germany Calling!

So: I have the following stuff in my store of stuff collected over the years, and transported about the UK with me moving a lot with work......

SGI Stuff
----------------

One 02 A/V module with Moosecam - was working when pulled but as I've been 02-less for 4 years or so.........

One Miranda Vivo, no cables, never tried it, came with my first 02, ahh, happy days!

8 off boxed new SGI small form UK granite keyboards and mice with all packaging, docs, ps2 extension cable and plastic bags. Never used, bought to sell, never bothered....

Now I also have three Octanes, obviously worth bugger all nowadays, but might be worth a bit in parts, so PM me if anything grabs you.......

1 dual 195, 1gb RAM, three sleds, MXI gfx. Skins very good. Light bar works! Original bulbs!

1 single 195, 512mb RAM (from memory!), one sled, MXI, skins good

1 single 195, only good for parts, couple of small RAM sticks, one sled, poor skins. Xbow is buggered on this.

One Indigo2 195 Solid Impact, purple feet, 512mb RAM, poor skins. In fact, this baby fell once off the desk and still works fine! Obviously looks crap probably worthless.

Ohh, some octane speakers, several sgi video cables, and two SGI 21" monitors, one having an unbelivably good picture!

Sun Stuff
-----------------

Dual 750 Sun Blade 1000- keeping this tho, just letting you all know!

E450, 4x300 cpu, 3gb RAM, DDS3, CD-ROM, two extra backplanes, two extra scsi adapters, cabled up for 20 disks, 20 disks included all with sleds, must be 200 quids worth of spud sleds at Ebay prices! Also 3 PSU's. This is monster, actually quieter than an Octane, weights 70kg so better off parted out I think.....sad to see.....

8 or so SunRay 100's, with keyb and mice, my daft idea for a portable training network.....

No prices, no idea what the oddball stuff is worth, PM me if interested!

Stuff is located UK postcode BL4, close to Manchester, not worth shipping the bulky stuff, anyone is free to come and look and test, even play and i'll put the kettle on.

Steve
I forgot - I also have two presenter boards for Octane that have the little so easily lost cable protectors.

Steve
Ouch, after no-one selling any cheap sgi gear around near me for ages, bloody typical it pops up when I am due to move in a few months.

Would love to liberate some stuff off you, but unfortunately my common sense is saying no. :cry:
sincil wrote: Ouch, after no-one selling any cheap sgi gear around near me for ages, bloody typical it pops up when I am due to move in a few months.

Would love to liberate some stuff off you, but unfortunately my common sense is saying no. :cry:

No worries, I just want a Fuel, although reading up I'm having second thoughts. You see I have a Sun Blade 1000, and it's fast really, CDE is fast but shit, Gnome and KDE either crash, don't work mostly or are are dog slow, makes all this super-hardware crawl. Really.

After skirting around all the unixes inc clones like Linux, 4dwm is still light and fast, just needs a few beautifications cos I hate italic fonts and I'll be happy. I have an Apple G5 but I'm not happy with it? I don't really know why!

So I'm hoping a Fuel will give me top level IndigoMagic responsiveness and not have to wait for 30 secs for the Firefox window to come up after I click the icon,

Yeah I know, get a PC, but I do work in the unix field, command line 99% of the time - just I like a quite effiecnt lag-free browsing experience when I need it.

Some luucky bastard in Germany won a Fuel for 130$ on ebay completed auctions!

Steve
In repsonse to PM's I've pulled all the memory and here's what I've got:

Kingston KSG-OCT/512-CE - two in kit

Kingston KSG-OCT/256-CE - two in kit

SGI Part 9470168 - four sticks all together

SGI Part 9470178 - two sticks

SEC KMM379S803AT-G0 - four sticks

DATARAM 62614 BO - no idea what this is was installed singly in my fist Octane!

Steve