SGI: Hardware

[Review] Aztec Monster 2 SCSI/SATA Adapter

Hi there.

For my new indy i thought i'd like to get a SCSI/SATA Adapter to quieten her down using a ssd.

i found a "cheap" one from japan, AztecMonster II and bought it.
Today it arrived, but unfortunately its not working in the indy: I have strange scsi errors, see the attached pic.
Well, first i thought its the adapter, but it seems to be the indy.

I put it in my fuel, installed irix without flaws, perfect speed and responsiveness.
Its just limited to 40MB transfer speed, but anyway its real fast.

But im curious: Is my indy broken (with a normal scsi disk its working great), or is this just some flaw in the sgi scsi protocol, or the adapter?
Because it seems the adapter is working for other guys in old macs, or other old scsi devices like amigas, etc.

I also tried other sata disks, but everyone has the same error.
I also tried other cables, besides the default one with attached terminator i tried one without, and set termination on the adapter.

Forgot to mention its also working in tezro, but i think thats obvious (I used an 68p->50p adapter additional)
It looks like your entire SCSI bus is borked. (errors on ID 5, 6, 7, and 1, and likely all the others scrolled off screen). This can happen if the cable is plugged in backwards. (Have you checked that your 50 to 68 pin adapter isn't backwards?)
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
Pretty obvious I know, but is your termination set correctly?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo:
Well i have tried cables with and without terminator.
Also theres a term jumper on the adapter. I tried with every setting mixed with every cable - Same error.