SGI: Hardware

My Octane 2 just died

I think some of you may already know me now, not more than a week ago I posted a topic about a malfunctioning hard disk I have in my Octane 2. This Octane 2 was brought to me by my father, they had one laying around his workplace, well, they have another one, I hope it'll be mine soon. :D When he originally brought it, we used to get no output on the screen. We thought it was faulty at the time, and decided to put it in a corner, alone and all by itself. After about 4 months, I got interested into trying it again (had to climb two flights of stairs with it, so heavy :oops: ), and surprisingly, it worked. 3 days after this, it started showing PANIC: init died (why = 1, what = 0xd). Just right after that day, I tried turning it on, hoping the panic thingy would be fixed. Well, not only wasn't it fixed, but this time, I was greeted with a black screen, and with flashing red light on the lightbar.

RIP my little (or huge) friend, I guess.
Do you have a serial cable? With the red lightbar on, I suspect you have serial output. Last flashing Red light I had though, I had to change the main board & CPU.

Also, it may be worth stripping it and reseating everything, memory, boards etc..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
:Octane2: :Octane2: :O2: :Indy: loft => :Indigo: :540: :Octane: :Octane: :Indy:
uunix wrote: Do you have a serial cable? With the red lightbar on, I suspect you have serial output. Last flashing Red light I had though, I had to change the main board & CPU.

Also, it may be worth stripping it and reseating everything, memory, boards etc..

Tried reseating memory, didn't fix it. No, I do not have a serial cable. :?
uunix wrote: Do you have a serial cable? With the red lightbar on, I suspect you have serial output. Last flashing Red light I had though, I had to change the main board & CPU.

I just reseated the CPU, and it worked, now back to the PANIC problem. Do you know what I can do to fix this?