SGI: Hardware

Indy: Upgrade from XL8 to XZ, Irix 5.3

What packages need installed (and perhaps tracked down first) to be able to make XZ work? I don't like the suggestion I've seen (elsewhere) for re-installing.

I thought a quick question might save me a lot of time trying experimentally, especially since I've never seriously used Irix 5.3 before.
jdboyd wrote: What packages need installed (and perhaps tracked down first) to be able to make XZ work?
Already tired booting your current install with the XZ?
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *
The way SGI idb files are organized, the same packages are used regardless of system type. There are conditionals inside each package that determine which physical files will be installed. So the answer is mu.
:PI: :O2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indigo2IMP:
robespierre wrote: So the answer is mu.
As in Xin Loi?
Welcome to ARMLand - 0/0x0d00
running...(sherwood-root 0607201829)
* InfiniteReality/Reality Software, IRIX 6.5 Release *

Code: Select all

keep *
install hardware
go
(from inst) will refresh the packages for the current hardware. Make sure your version of IRIX CDs supports the hardware!

Express (XZ) and Newport (XL) are two different graphics families. While the system can install "Newpress" for double-head operation it only does so if both graphics types are physically present at install (or you force it).
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)