SGI: Hardware

No green LED on otherwise-working Indy?

Quick question about an otherwise-fine R4400 Indy: my front-panel LED never turns green, after starting up with red during the self-test. The red LED switches off, but no green ever comes on.

IRIX 6.5x runs just fine (if slowly), but the LED never illuminates during normal use. Sign of a burnt-out LED, or other problem with the power supply? It's a Sony, the quiet one...

Thanks!
:Indy:
Similar.

Perhaps dry-joint or loose connection?
Land of the Long White Cloud and no Software Patents.
Thinking more about this, I realize it's never orange either... and since I think it's two LED's in one bulb, perhaps the green element has just given up the ghost or that particular wire is bad...
:Indy:
Bad LED, driver, or wire. Don't worry about it unless it's a big deal to you, in which case throw an ohmmeter on the lead to see if the diode is good and a voltmeter to see if it's getting current. If the LED is bad (probable) then just get a tricolor LED (be sure to note if it's a 3-lead or 2-lead model). Bad driver may be more difficult.
"Brakes??? What Brakes???"

:Indigo: :Octane: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :Indy: :PI: :O3x0: :ChallengeL: :O2000R: (single-CM)
Necro thread, i apologize.

I have a R5K180 Indy and was wondering if one can transplant from a Nidec power supply the PCB with volume control LED and power/reset button into an otherwise working Sony PSU. I believe the PCB is connected solely to the Indy MB by means of the black connector. I do not have a Nidec at hand, but i'm not sure the PCB has the same mount and utility holes on it and will fit in the Sony with enough clearance.

Otherwise i have to find a two color LED and some time to solder it in without my kids interfering and bugging me about "that little blue computer, which makes cool sounds!"
:Crimson: :PI: :Indigo: :O2: :Indy: :Indigo2: :Indigo2IMP: :O200: :O2000: :Onyx2:
dexter1 wrote: Otherwise i have to find a two color LED and some time to solder it in without my kids interfering and bugging me about "that little blue computer, which makes cool sounds!"

Funny, I have a back room at work that houses 2 company servers and a load of my SGI stuff, and when I reboot things I make a quick exit and close the door so people don't think I'm doing un-related work stuff.. which of course I am! :twisted:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Ho! Pip & Dandy!
MyDungeon() << :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indy: MyLoft() << :540: :Octane: MyWork() << :Indy: :Indy: :O2: :O2: :O2: :Indigo: :Indigo: