SGI: Hardware

Unboxing a "new" MultiLink Adapter

I did a search for "multilink" and checked the posts back to the end of 2009, but with 19 pages of results still to review I decided I'd risk a repeat...

I recently picked up a "brand new in its original retail packaging and includes all accessories" SGI MultiLink Adapter. In case it is in unmolested condition, I thought it might be nice to capture what was included in this package. I didn't discern a part number for the kit as a whole but the MLA itself is known as a CMN B025B, or part number 013-2840-001.

The box had been opened before I got it. Whether it was used at some point or not I can't be certain but the MLA is certainly in excellent, like-new condition. The cardboard box for the power supply had been opened at some point, but the permanently attached cord could easily be in the factory twist ties. The manufacturer for that PSU is SYN Electronics Company, Ltd, whose model number is SYS2011-4012 Rev B, and has "SGI P/N 9350836" also on it's label. Output is listed as +12V at 3.33 amps.

There are three video cables included, and all cables bagged together appear to bear the SGI part number 013-3066-001. One cable is DVI-D male to DVI-D male, and the second is DVI-I male to HD15 male. The last cable is apparently a "DFP" cable - on one end it's DVI-D male, but on the other it looks like a half-width version of the LVDS connector used by the 1600SW and other components.

Well, with all that blather out of the way, here are the photos:
Then? :IRIS3130: ... Now? :O3x02L: :A3504L: - :A3502L: :1600SW: +MLA :Fuel: :Octane2: :Octane: :Indigo2IMP: ... Other: DEC :BA213: :BA123: Sun , DG AViiON , NeXT :Cube:
Nice. I had a few of those not long ago, and it does indeed look like you have the full kit. Thanks for sharing the pictures -- that should help others to figure out if they have everything or not.
Nice pictures, thanks for posting them.
:Indy: :rx2600: :Indigo2: :Indigo2: :Indy: :Indy: